Ch#40: "The Journey"

Maeve's Pov:

"Okay, everythings in," Davien stood up. "What more?"

"Hmm, I think I got everything," I replied with a sigh. "My charger is in my purse."

"Okay that's good. Let's go downstairs and get everything in the car," he said and I nodded, following him outside.

We were leaving at around 8 in the morning and Sabrina and Aiden would meet us as well. They were going with us as she knows more about witches than we do.

The guards placed our 1 suitcase in the trunk and then Sabrina and Aiden's. The witch had said that our stay could last around 2-3 days so we need to come prepared with our clothes.

"Hey, is everything ready?" Sabrina asked as she jogged towards us.

"Yeah, they're just placing yours and ours luggage in there," I replied as she nodded and sighed making me a bit confused.

"Are you nervous about something?" I asked her and I stood near her.

"No, no. Not really. It's um something that will shock you," she replied as I raised a brow at her. She grabbed my arm and moved a little farther away from the guys and the guards. I looked at her for an explanation as she took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

"I think I might be pregnant," she said as I choked on my breath. I stared at her for a moment with shock. Well, she was technically right.

"What? Sabrina! Don't you use protection?" I whined in a whisper as she groaned and stomped her feet on tbe ground.

"We did. We were very careful. It's not like you use any protection," she said with a roll of her eyes making me scoff.

"Dr. Marie said my chances of getting pregnant are really low because of my internal damage. And she said I am very lucky even if I do get pregnant," I told her as she nodded. "Besides, me and Davien don't talk about kids. Also this was about you, not me," I said to her as she sighed again.

"Sorry. It's just, it's only been few days since I've known he's my mate and if I am pregnant, I don't know how I feel or I don't know how he'll feel. Like you, we haven't talked about kids either," she said to me and I nodded while placing my hand on her shoulder.

"It's okay. I am sure you're not pregnant. It probably might me stomach Issue's," I replied to her as we both just nodded with a shake of the head.

As we were talking, the SUV's engine started and Davien called us. We left the grounds and went towards the car. Davien sat in the driver's seat while I sat in the passenger seat. Both Aiden and Sabrina sat in the back seats which looked pretty comfortable.

We sat inside as Davien turned on the car and we started our journey.

"How long will it take for us to drive till there?" I asked him as he looked at the gps on the in car entertainment tv.

"It looks like it's about an hour to 2 hour drive and then 30 minute walk towards the underground colony," he said while turning the gps off. "Also I'll get my daily exercise," I raised a brow at him as he just chuckled and we drove.

The morning sky looked really beautiful and we reached the part of the city where we went for our Alpha King and Queen ceremony.

"Wait, why aren't we playing any songs?" Sabrina asked as I hummed and turned on the car Bluetooth.

"You connect," I told her as she connected her her phone.

"Ride it" by Jay Sean started playing. My favorite song.