Ch#37: "An Unexpected Surprise"

(A long chapter)

Maeve's Pov:

I mixed the pancake batter with the spatula and moved around the kitchen to get the pan. I turned on the stove and placed the pan on top. Adding the batter in small amounts, I turned the heat to medium and just waited for it to cook on one side.

I heard footsteps from behind me and I turned my head to see Davien coming down the stairs. I ignored him and kept on working. He had been ignoring me as well for the past few days and it made me mad. I asked him so many times if there's anything wrong but his answer would be "Everythings fine, don't worry," or "You're just overthinking it."

I felt him staring at me at my back, probably thinking why I didn't greet him like I usually do.

I felt him back hugging me, making me sigh and push his arms away. I moved towards where I put my spatula and flipped the pancake.

"Love, what's wrong?" He asked, making me huff in anger. He's been ignoring me and now he asks what's wrong? What's wrong, my ass.

I didn't reply but turned the stove off before turning towards him. Staring at him, I noticed how handsome he looked. His wet hair from the morning shower and his face had slight stubble which made him look so fucking hot, I wanted to just rip his shirt off and take him right then and there but I refrained.

"What's wrong? Why don't you ask yourself?" I gave a petty reply and moved towards the fridge. Opening it I took a can of juice and placed it on the counter.

"What do you mean? What happened?" He asked yet again, making me even more irritated. It was as if he didn't even know he'd been ignoring me when clearly his attitude was bitchy yesterday.

"Oh wow, I didn't know you could be so gullible Davien. You've been ignoring me for the past few days and whenever I asked what was wrong, all I got was nothing," I stopped my tantrum for a moment as I noticed his eyes get softer. "What is going on?" I asked more softly this time as he sighed and pulled me into a hug.

"I am sorry for ignoring you, my love. I've been really stressed ever since the murder of Jeremy and Jacob. I didn't want to stress you out as well, that's it," he said as he pulled away from me making me cup his cheek. He leaned into my touch as I smiled at him.

"Davi, your problems are my problems and this pack's problems are my problems too. I am the Luna queen after all, if anyone's going to look after this pack, it will be me and you both. We're a team Davien. You can't always hide things from me," I explained as he stared at me with his glowing green orbs making me hallucinate in his beautiful eyes.

He closed his eyes for a moment and spoke nothing. I stared at him as he took a deep breath in and then out.

"Okay no more secrets," I told him and he nodded, opening his eyes.

He explained everything to me, making my eyes widen in surprise. I was so shocked to hear that something more than just a suicide took place here.

"Alright so do you have any new leads?" I asked as he shook his head.

"But Aiden said that Sabrina knows something. When she was out of the state, she met a witch and that witch might know something about the bruise that has formed on both of them," he explained as I nodded. I didn't know what to feel honestly.

I didn't feel a single ounce of pity for both of them. Jeremy was my rapist and Jacob could've stopped all of this but he never did anything. Even if he never sexually abused me, that doesn't mean he never physically abused me.

"Okay," I mumbled with a breathy whisper as I took my thumb in my mouth, something I did if I felt anxious.

"Love, everything is good for now. Please don't stress yourself. Remember what doctor Marie said? She said to not involve yourself in such criticism for a while," I smiled at his concern and nodded, leaning forward and pecking his cheek. I frowned and moved away.