Ch#19: "Again"

Maeve's Pov:

I was so indulged in talking with Tiana and Allison that I hadn't even noticed the time. "Okay bitches, I have to go have some beauty sleep while you guy's talk," Tiana said as she grabbed her bag standing up.

"Alright girl, see you later!" I got up and hugged her goodbye as she left the room. I sat back down, looking at Allison as we started talking.

"So have you thought about the ceremony?" she asked me and I looked up at her, playing with my hair and thinking.
"I am not sure yet, Davien never mentioned it," mumbled, I mean I do want to but let's not make a great deal about it. I looked at Allison who nodded to my answer heaving a sigh.

"I'll ask about this tonight I guess," I told her and she nodded while her phone pinged indicating someone sent her a message.

The message said 'Hey baby-' but I couldn't read more as Allison snatched her phone off the bed. I mean I shouldn't eavesdrop but that was certainly someone.

"So I got to leave, Maria is calling me," she spoke a little nervously and laughed deciding to leave. Hugging me she left the room and I heard the front door closing as well.

I sighed not thinking much about it and opened my phone. I had also made an account on Instagram and many people followed me as I was Davien's mate. Liking some pictures and watching some cat video's, I got indulged in some shorts.

Around a few hours later, I heard the front door open as I got off the bed. I got excited to see my lovely mate but our mate bond felt like something else, Davien was distressed?

"Davien are you home?" I yelled, my voice echoing as I reached down the stairs and in horror I gasped looking at him. He was covered in blood, his entire sweater was dirty even his arm's and pants.

"W-what happened?" I asked going towards him but refrained from touching his body. He leaned closer towards me but I kind of backed away.
"It's not mine baby, you don't have to worry abour me,"he spoke in a dangerous way onto my lips and I let out a breath turning away from him and running back up the stairs and into our shared bedroom.

Tears filled my eye's as my mind took me to places where I didn't want to be right now. Did he kill someone? Why was he acting so weird? And he didn't even come in our room to talk, why? What even happened?

I closed my eyes, trying to relax myself but nothing really helped. A few minutes later, the bedroom door opened revealing Davien who was clean now, the blood gone and his shirt and pants changed.
He came towards me as I sat up wiping my tear's moving away from him.

"Are you scared of me?" He asked me his voice filled with sadness as I kept on being silent. Was I? Or was I not? This is confusing, he is my mate he wouldn't ever hurt me.
Suddenly I was lifted off the mattress and onto his lap as I gasped putting my hands on his shoulder so I wouldn't fall off.

"Why aren't you answering?" he asked, his voice was stern as I stared at his face was very close to me. Tear's filled my eyes watching him like this. He never got mad at me, why now?
He sighed pulling me closer to his chest as I sighed as well feeling his warmth.

"It's okay baby, I'll never hurt you," he said running his hands soothingly down my back and pressing a kiss on my head.

"I am sorry, I was just surprised," was this a lie? Was this how I felt? He just hummed as we both got comfortable on our bed and I closed my eyes falling into a restless slumber.

When I opened my eyes again, it was around evening maybe 4 or 5pm. I wasn't in Davien's arm's anymore which meant he was outside. I yawned and got up to go to the bathroom, freshening up I opened the door and decided to check where my mate was.