Ch#6: "Davien"

Maeve's Pov:

"What do you think? I wouldn't have found you?" Beta Jeremy sneers at me while I scream in pain as he grabs a fistful of my hair.

"Stop! Just stop it!" For the first time, I yell. I knew I wasn't there with him, that I was safe with my mate and nobody from my pack could get me but the nightmares were too real.

"You fucking bitch you thought that your mate would've saved you?" He taunted with a laugh and everything felt too real.

"What do you want from me?!" I yelled at him as tears sprung down my face. Why was he here? Why couldn't he leave me alone?

I gasped, waking up and opening my eyes seeing that I was indeed in the hospital room with my mate beside me. I had slept yet again but it was never comfortable as these nightmares always gave me hell.

He glanced up while he was checking some papers as concern laced his features.

"Are you okay?" He asked, sitting down beside the bed and looking at my puffy and red-eyed face.

I nodded already shaken from the nightmare but I kept myself normal as if he wouldn't know. I laid back and looked at the ceiling, staring at it for a while just relishing my thoughts.

Suddenly someone knocked on the door and a short stout woman, the same as before, entered and handed my mate a sheet of paper. I didn't know what they were talking about as they both left for a moment before Alpha Davien came back in.

"Love?" Oh, how he spoke made me fall in love with his voice. He was just perfect in every way but why was he this nice to me, was going to be a mystery for now. Don't people hate you for no reason, that's what I learned growing up.

"Come on, let's take you home," He said in a soft voice, grabbing some papers and taking out his hand for me to take. I looked at his face and then at his hand. I didn't want to be hurt and I wasn't sure if he would though.

"I won't hurt you sweetheart." This time he was even more gentle than before but all I've ever heard about Alpha's is that they were powerful and dominating. They would kill anyone in mere seconds and wouldn't care but this man didn't do anything like that. He doesn't seem as scary as I portrayed him.

I hesitated at first but eventually gave in and took his large hand in mine. Standing up was the worst, my arms, legs, and everything was aching. I groaned, closing my eyes as the pain rushed to my legs.

"Hey it's okay, just stand still and I'll help you out." I gave a short nod as he smiled and lifted me like I weighed nothing. I was shocked, to say the least, but wasn't surprised about this man.

We left the room, going down some halls and then stairs leading us outside the pack house. I heard people greeting him and some even whispering about me. Everyone was curious, wondering as to who the Omega that was suddenly in their Alpha's arms.

We reached a house and then a room I didn't know because I was in his arms and had my face buried in his chest the entire way. Arriving inside, he gently set me down on the bed before putting covers on me.

"I'll be back, baby. I need to get your medicines and some clothes for you." He said holding my hand. "I'll be back soon."

Placing a light kiss on my hand, he left the room and closed the door.

I could tell this was his room because of the same particular beautiful smell this room held. The room had brown black walls with a large window behind a small sofa placed beside it. It even had a dressing table and small other accessories with a king-sized bed in the middle.