Ch#23: "The Ceremony Pt-2"

Davien's Pov:

As soon as I saw her, I couldn't take my eyes off of her. My mate looked ethereal, she was stunning and my wolf couldn't help but feel aroused. "Stop it, don't make me embarrassed here," I told him shutting him off as he whimpered but left.

I sighed as the man entered the hall.
"The ceremony is about to be started, this oath will be for the Luna and the Alpha. Both will first mix there blood in this bowl and then will be presented with the King and Queen crown," Danzel, who is a trusted ceremony instructor, spoke as everyone nodded and kept quiet for the ceremony to start.

I glanced at Maeve who was looking at Denzel with a worried expression as he was taking out the special knife to get a little bit of cut.
"Don't worry, nothing much will happen. The cut won't bleed a lot," I whispered to her holding her hand in mine as she stared at me for a moment.

"That's still a cut," she whisper yelled at me as I looked at her apologetically but didn't say much.

"Okay so now, Alpha give me your hand," he told me and I first came towards him. The sharp knife cut my palm a little as a bit of blood poured out making me wince a bit. As soon as the blood was taken, Denzel gave me a bandage as I applied it on my hand.

"Now Luna," he told Maeve who looked a little petrified but I reassured her by holding her hand the entire time. The knife then cut her palm as everyone watched while she hissed a little too at the pain making me groan at that.

The blood mixed and was poured into a large bowl as Denzel startes speaking again. "Now, if the blood's color changes to a lighter shade it means the moon Goddess has accepted the bond and the will make both of them Alpha King and Queen but if the color changes to a darker shade, it means the moon Goddess regrets making the bond. The Alpha will need to reject his Luna and choose someone else immediately," he said to the crowd as Maeve took in a breath, biting her lower lip as I tightened my grip on her hand.

"It's okay baby, pray for the best," I spoke to her in the mind link.
"Okay Davien, I will," she replied back not looking at me.

The atmosphere filled with a little dread as the color had not changed yet making me a little afraid. I've seen ceremonies where the color became a darker shade and the Alpha rejected his mate and a lot of drama took off.

Everyone looked at eachother whispering around, not knowing what the color was going to be.

Suddenly the color changed to a lighter one as we both sighed in relief and everyone started clapping immediately. I could see in the crowd, my sister, Derek, Cynthia and everyone waving at us and clapping.

"The bond has been accepted! Now the crown's for the King and Queen," he spoke and the crowns were brought by two guard's while Maeve smiled happily.

"I love you baby," I spoke taking her hand and kissing it as she smiled again.
"I love you too Davien," she spoke as the crown's were placed on the table.

"Now since the old Alpha and Luna are not alive, the younger sibling may do the honor," Denzel spoke and he was right. My parent's aren't alive so someone has to give us the crown. We waved Tiana over as everyone saw her come up the stage.