Ch#2: "Mia Spasméni Psychí"

["Mia Spasméni Psychí" means a Broken Soul in Greek also referred to someone who is broken by heart]

*Warning* This chapter contains self harm and abuse.

Maeve's Pov:

Waking up in the morning, I felt like I would break at any moment if I was not careful. My body felt extremely sore and ached every time I'd move. The years I've lived in this world, I knew there was no love for me. Does love even exist for that matter?

While brushing my hair I thought about all the things I need to be thankful for. As Thanksgiving is around 2 months later, I wanted myself to be thankful for many things. I have a place to live in, proper food is given every 1 week, and clean water every 3 to 4 days if I behave.

Smiling to myself, I noticed my wolf was really happy and for some reason she was excited. She's never this excited.

"Something good might happen today," She told me and I could actually imagine her bouncing around in my mind.

"Like what?"

"I don't know but it sounds like it will be good."

With a sigh, I glanced out of the small window that the attic had. None of this makes me happy but watching the mornings always soothed me. The sun, the birds and sometimes even pack children playing around lifted my weary self.

After a few minutes, I left for the kitchen to complete my chores otherwise the Alpha wouldn't like me not working.

"Maeve, Beta Jeremy is calling you," Allison, who is one of the Omega's working here informed from the door as she was taking the trash out.

"Okay I'll be there," I quipped with a sigh, turning around to wash the dishes and I knew it wouldn't be fine. It was never fine.

"If he touches you one more time, I will come out and kill him I swear," Zelda commented angrily and I could imagine her actually trying to kill him but no, no point in that. I didn't want to get tortured even further.

If he actually didn't die, I would die too. I might be used to the sexual abuse and torture, but never will I truly accept it. I can't.

I sighed as my lips wobbled, trying to hold back the stinging of the tears I sniffled and got ready to meet him. I don't know what he is planning, I don't know what he wants but I highly doubt it's anything good.

I knocked on his door when it opened and a man unknown to me opened the door.

"Oh looks like my feast is here I'd say." He eyed me from head to toe making me really uncomfortable before I was forcefully taken inside.

This is the day when I'll be given to anyone in the pack for just a day. It is horrible but I know, I probably don't deserve good anyway as everyone else says. This boosts morale for them, that's what Beta Jeremy says. They also do it to earn money but with the wrong ways.

•••

"Please Maeve don't do this to yourself." my Zelda pleaded as I made cuts with the razor I had.

This felt good and I blocked her out. Blood seeped through the cuts and the cuts I had made yesterday and even before. I felt like everything would get better if I did this to myself. This feels like the only way I could relieve my pain because nothing else worked.

Tears poured out of my eyes as I lay on the floor surrounded by my blood which had pooled around me. I felt humiliated. The men never respected anyone let alone someone like me.