Ch#30: "Sonder"

{A little recap, Maeve and Davien agreed for a session with Marie because Maeve was experiencing nightmares. Also they found someone yelling near the packhouse}

Maeve's Pov:

I opened my eyes, my head throbbed a little and my body hurt. Letting out a huge sigh, I sat up looking around, trying to find Davien.

I rubbed my eyes but suddenly I heard a ear piercing yelling outside our house. It wasn't really outside, but a little afar. I got out of bed, putting my hair in a messy bun and running downstairs.

As I reached the last stair, I saw Davien looking out of the kitchen window almost as confused as me.
"What's going on?", I asked him looking back at the kitchen window and all I could see were some pack members gathered together a little far from our house.

"I have no idea", he mumbled and I held his forearm. He grabbed my hand as we made our way outside the house to check.

There was a woman, no, two women and a man standing with one of them. Wait isn't that-

"Allison and Hector?", Davien spoke out loud and we both looked at eachother confused and then to the scene.

"How could you do this to me?!", Allison was yelling at Hector and the women beside him was looking scared.

As soon as we entered the women came over to us with a begging face.

"Please Alpha and Luna, help me here. I am Hector's mate and she is gone crazy", she asked frantically and I nodded looking towards Davien who nodded too.

"What are you doing Allison?", I asked going closer to her and Allison looked at me. She looked horrifying, almost as horrifying and insane as Sabrina. She had a red runny nose, scarlet cheeks, her hair were messy and she looked dull, extremely dull.

"Hector is mine! He was supposed to be mine!", She yelled crying with big ugly tears running down her face, as I signalled for other people to leave. Everyone else left the scene and I held her shoulders.

"Shh Allison, it's okay. Calm down", I soothed her and she calmed a little but not all. Hector and his mate stood there not knowing what to do. I looked up at Hector with a glare and he looked down afraid.

"I think you all need to talk like adults. Fighting like this won't work", Davien spoke in an angry tone, eyeing Hector and the other girl who stood next to him.

"Yes Alpha", replied Hector as Allison sniffled wiping her nose.

All 3 of them made there way inside the packhouse and we both went back to the kitchen, locking the door.

"That was kind of expected", I mumbled and my mate hummed shaking his head, laughing a little.

"What?", I asked taking some bread and putting it on the pan.

"Nothing, I j-just, you know this reminded me when I dated Sabrina. I feel really bad now", he spoke, his voice almost full of pain and as I took a glance at him, he wiped hos tears immediately.

"It's okay Davien. I understand you, it's completely fine", I told him cupping his cheek and placing a small kiss at the corner of his lips and I felt him smiling. Pulling away, he giggled and hugged me placing me on the counter.

"I love you so much even more then myself", he told me, butterflies swarm in my stomach and I felt my cheeks heating up. I placed my arms around his shoulders and booped his nose with mine.

"I love you too", I replied but I glanced at the not so burnt bread on the pan. "And the bread will burn", I reminded him and he chuckled moving away towards the stove while I got off of the counter top.

"Today we have to go to the hospital, remember?", I looked up as I was placing our plates and orange juice on the table.

"Yeah I know", I replied nonchalantly, just focusing on the work I was doing. I felt him stop but he carried on working making me sigh softly. I could feel his emotions within the bond but it was confusing and not understandable at the same time.

"Hey, I know you're worried about the hospital thing but remember I'll be with you at all times my sweet angel", turning me around and towards him, he cupped my cheek and spoke sweetly making me blush and look down.

"I know", I mumbled softly smiling up at him before we both sat down to do our breakfast.

After the breakfast, I changed into different clothes and we both went to the infirmary.

"Hi, good morning Alpha and Luna! Great to see you here. Shall we start?", She asked and I took a breath nodding my head.

"Okay, follow me", she said smiling and we both followed her. I felt Davien holding my hand and I looked up smiling at him. He smiled back pulling me closer making my heart flutter with butterflies.

We reached a room which was private only for us so we could have privacy.

"Alright Luna, lay down here and I'll bring everything else", she told us leaving the room. I glanced at the bed before lying down on my back and getting comfortable.

Glancing around the room, there was a television on the wall and a small window beside the bed.

"Don't be nervous okay? I am here", Davien reassured me and I nodded smiling up at him. We waited for a few minutes and Marie came back with a nurse who was holding a small trolley.

The trolley was filled with needles and tubes with some other chemicals.

"Alright Luna, give me your arm", Marie told me and took my arm. I closed my eyes as I felt a slight pinch and a liquid going in.

"What is that?", Davien asked, looking a little surprised watching the weird blue liquid enter me.

"It's a sedative. We need to see how long Luna can sleep before she has a nightmare", she spoke as Davien nodded rubbing my arm up and down to calm me.

"Okay, now Luna you will sleep in a few minutes and relax", she spoke and I felt tingles feeling the liquid going inside.

I felt sleepy just after 10 minutes and my eyes started closing.

"Okay baby, go to sleep. I'll be here", I heard Davien's voice getting distant and distant until I passed out.

When I woke up I was not in the hospital room. Wait, the last thing I remembered was me being at the hospital. How is that possible?

I looked at my arm and didn't feel anything that's when I noticed someone sitting near the wall with a sinister smile.

[Word Count- 1177]

A/N

I know this was super short but I haven't been feeling well these days. No idea when will be the next update but gonna focus on my mental health a little.

10+ votes for the next.

xoxo

-lily