Ch#43: "To Face The Truth"

Maeve's Pov:

My eyes opened when I saw Davien hovering over me and holding my body upright. My hands were on my ears and knees were close to my chest. I could feel myself heavily breathing with tears running down my already drenched face.

Without saying any word, we both embraced each other and I felt him run his hand into my hair to calm me down. I could feel his emotions in our mate bond and it felt like his heart was breaking. I tried suppressing my tears and sobs but it didn't work.

"It's okay baby, let it out. You can cry," he said as he pressed a kiss on my head. "It's alright, I am here."

I nodded as I felt my cries slowing down and all I felt myself was hiccuping. Davien's shirt was already wet from my tears as he didn't care but kept me safe in his embrace.

I finally pulled away after what felt like eternity, looking up at him as I saw his beautiful eyes swarming with so many emotions, mostly guilt.

"I am so sorry for my behavior love. I didn't mean to y-yell at you. I swear love I was in some trance and I didn't know w-what I had said. I am s-so sorry baby," he said as he started bawling his eyes out with sobs racking his body. I hugged him back as he placed his head in my neck. I knew that he didn't meant those words, he would never say anything that would hurt me, he would never do anything to hurt me either.

"I know it wasn't you," my reply was short and simple as Davien pulled away in confusion and I could see his red eyes. Poor baby.

"What do you mean?" He asked as I sighed, looking away. For a moment I didn't feel like telling him but he deserved to know.

"You had a different facial change," I pointed to his eyes. "Your eyes had a different color."

He looked like as if he was in thought with an expression I couldn't register.

"I-I seriously don't know what happened. Even my wolf is confused," he said as I nodded, wiping my tears. We didn't exchange any words yet again as I just blinked and just held onto him. My love.

"I know it's something related to the witches. They're doing something Davien. I don't know what we will do," I sighed into his arms as he rubbed my back and kisses my forehead.

"Don't worry. Nothing will happen to us I promise you," he said as I nodded. We both got off of the floor and as we stood up, our house bell rang making me jump in my place.

We both went down and reached the door. He opened it and we found Cynthia, Aiden and Derek standing there looking frantic and worried.

"What's going on?" I asked as they were breathless. Seemed like they ran a marathon by the looks of it.

"It's Blake and Hector," was what Derek said before we heard loud cries of a woman.

"NO! DON'T YOU DARE TAKE HIM! HECTOR!" the woman kept yelling and yelling as I recognized her to be Hector's mother.

The air from my lungs was knocked out and my veins froze, it was as if I couldn't hear or see anything around me. Everything went blurry and I felt my eyes closing.

Everything was the same, I saw Hector and Blake together, dead. They were dead, but I saw it first.

"Maeve! Maeve no!" But those screams were nothing compared to the darkness my heart was feeling. It was nothing compared to what I was feeling. What was happening to me?

I gasped as I sat up and eyed my surroundings. I was on a bed, particularly not my bed but it looked like a hospital bed. Something different.

The door opened at the same time I had just adjusted myself on the bed and entered Davien.

"Hey love, how are you feeling?" He asked as he came towards me with a glass of water. The room was lit with a small lamp beside me other than that only a tiny window overlooked outside.

"I am fine now," I smiled at him as he handed me the glass of water and sat down next to me. I drank the water and just stared into the empty space in front of me.

"Tiana woke up. The doctors said that her wolf is healing her and she's good now," he said and I looked at him with a smile.

"That's good," I replied.

"Hector and Blake's bodies are in the morgue at the moment. Karsika arrived and she said this is related to the witches. They can't figure out who is doing this," he said with a confused expression making me nod.

No other words were interchanged in the middle of our silence.

"Davien I have to tell you something," I said as I leaned forward and he took my hands in his.

"I saw Blake's and Hector's bodies in my dream," I whispered as his eyes widened. "I don't think they're dreams anymore."

He stared at me for a moment registering what I had just said.

"It's the witch. We need to either leave or ask Karsika what to do," he stood up. "Can you walk?"

"I think so," I said and stood up as well. My sides hurt but it wasn't worse or anything.

As we went outside, screams and gunshots erupted from the packhouse area making me flinch immediately.

My breath hitched as we exited the hospital hand in hand. I saw something that haunted me for days, something so horrible which didn't leave my sight.

[Word Count- 1012]

A/N

Hey readers. Sorry for not updating tomorrow. I am having a writers block and was unable to write.

Anyways this was very short but I hope you liked it. If you did, please vote and comment. It will be appreciated.

See you guys soon!

xoxo

-lily