Bonus Chapter

Davien's Pov:

I held my precious bundle of joy in my arms as she slept soundly, her tiny snores indicating that she had eaten well. I smiled as I looked at her teeny weeny nose and chubby cheeks, feeling overwhelmed with love and joy. She was so beautiful, just like her mother, my queen, Maeve.

I glanced up at the hospital bed where a sleepy Maeve had been taking up residence for the last three months. No, she wasn't in a coma but Doctor Marie had said that since Maeve's body was too weak to carry an Alpha's child as she was an Omega by blood and a runt, she had to stay in the hospital so they could monitor her situation properly.

At first, I was quite intrigued at the thought of a baby but when I realized that it could potentially harm her, I had made the dainty mistake of telling her that maybe having a baby wasn't something we wanted.

I remember the day as it made me extremely guilty.

I entered our house holding a pizza box and some apple juice as Maeve ascended the stairs upon seeing me.

"Yay! I am so hungry," She exclaimed as she approached the kitchen counter, making me smile and give her a kiss on top of her head.

"Then have at it baby," I told her with a grin while she took out two plates and a pizza cutter. Placing the hot pizza on one of the plates, she started eating and moaned at the taste making me laugh as we settled ourselves on the dining chairs.

"Don't laugh," She glared at me playfully. "Baby needed some cheesy goodness anyway."

I chuckled and my gaze drifted toward her bump-less stomach which made me sigh quietly.

"What's wrong babe?" Her hand wandered onto my thigh with concern, squeezing it to give me assurance as I smiled.

"It's nothing love. You don't have to worry." She rolled her eyes and stood up, leaving the half-eaten pizza on the plate, making me open my thighs as she stood in between them.

"Davien, you're lying. Ever since we've been to the check-up for our baby a week ago, you have stopped talking like you usually did. What's going on?"

I stared into her shimmery eyes and for a moment, we didn't speak to each other. I cupped her cheek and placed a feather-light kiss on her lips as she kissed me back.

"Is it about the baby?" She questioned all of a sudden after pulling away while I closed my eyes in frustration. Damn, this woman knows me well.

"So it is about the baby..." She trailed off but composed herself when she felt me staring at her. "What is it that is concerning you?"

"I'm worried that what if something happened to you?"

"Nothing is happening to me. We already went to Doctor Marie and she said I'll be okay as long as I'm eating well and being near my mate."

"Love, you don't understand. I just want you to analyze everything. This could change everything. I can't afford to lose you, seeing you on a hospital bed really scares me," I tried explaining to her but all it did was burn a fire in her eyes.

"I have analyzed everything. I can't believe you're doubting the decision that we both took together," she stated with fury. "Why couldn't you say anything when we went to the hospital?"

I sighed as I rubbed a hand down my face making her snatch her arms off of me. "That's not what I meant. Don't get me wrong here love but your body is much weaker than other female werewolves because-"