Ch#3: "Do I Deserve This?"

*Warning* This chapter contains sexual abuse and blood.

(Also this is kind of a filler chapter but important)

Maeve's Pov:

I woke up but there was no gradual awakening- just me on the floor still. It had been around 4 days in this cell. I had been tortured to the point where it was hard to speak.

My body had been aching and burning from the marks. My wolf was helping me heal but even this was difficult for her.

"Please stop! I-it hurts so much!" I sobbed as the whip came down my back, my body jerking forward.

"Oh come on, why not have a little fun," The sadistic man laughed, whipping me again making me jerk in pain. Another man entered the cell and sighed at my situation.

"Leave her, we'll be back later," He said before the man behind me shook his head and left the cell with a click of a lock.

I gasped, falling onto the cold concrete floor and just laying there. My tears were streaming down my face and my consciousness was slowly deteriorating.

I didn't know why I deserved this, why was I even hurt? I have no idea but maybe Beta Jeremy and Gamma Peter were right. I deserve the pain, I deserve to get hurt. I mean why was I beaten every day then?

I wonder if I will ever find a mate. When I was younger I always wished to find a mate, who would take care of me and love me but now I feel like all he will do is either abuse me like everyone else or reject me at first sight. I don't want that to happen as I've heard how painful it is.

"Eat this," A guard entered threw some food on the floor, and left. I smiled as I saw the food. No matter what it was, I ate it with no remorse.

I also drank the water which I had saved from last night. I discovered that the men who have been hurting me for the last week are not the Beta or the Gamma. They are instead the guards who have been given the duty to check on people while the Alpha King has been gone.

I don't know where the Alpha King is but what I know is that if I get caught by him, I am already dead. A shuddering breath escaped my lips just thinking about it.

The cell door opened and a man entered, it was the same sadistic man who entered with a smirk on his face. "Oh, so the whore is awake?" He commented harshly as I kept myself cornered and helplessly looked around.

He laughs observing my poignant condition before swinging his hand and hitting me in the face. My tiny body collides with the wall beside me and a groan escapes me.

I shake my head as I begin wailing in agony and screaming for him to stop but that man has no mercy. There are probably other people in this basement too but I have no idea if they know what this man does to me every day.

The man leaves me in a mess locking the cell again. I am helpless yet on the floor once more. Whenever this used to happen I would just close my eyes and sing a song I heard a few years back.

This was how life was going to be now. In this cell and every day I would beg him to kill me. Is my pack looking for me? Maybe I am not important to them. What if they are? What if they do find me?

Suddenly I could feel Zelda coming back. Since the time she had been whipped, Zelda didn't want to talk or even shift.

"Zelda, are you okay?" I asked my wolf, she hadn't spoken to me in 2 days. She must be in so much pain.

"I am fine now. But I have a feeling we'll find our mate. He is in this pack I can sense him," She says and I sigh. I don't know why but the thought of a mate always triggers me. I feel like there is no point in waiting for one, he'll be the same as others.

The basement doors swung open, and though my back screamed in pain, I forced myself upright. Dizziness clouded my thoughts as I attempted to stand, only to collapse with a heavy thud. In that instant, the grim certainty of my impending demise enveloped me.

[Word Count- 841]

A/N

A little short chapter this time.

Next chapter is also up!

xoxo

-lily