Ch#51: "Seeing Red"

Davien's Pov:

Hearing a gunshot, my head craned towards the doorway. Although, I couldn't hear much as my men and Peters men were still fighting which meant he wasn't ready to give everything up very easily.

My wolf wanted to bite his head off but he was much powerful, not because of his strength but the amount of people that he had.

"Davien, Karsika has been hurt badly. She's saying that these people are using blood magic which is something that affects werewolves the most," I was mindlinked by Aiden who sounded veey concerned and delirious.

"Okay, Davien's on it," Reller replied back to him as I lunged on one of the wolves who were hurting Derek. It was not like he wasn't fighting back but he had many people.

There was another gun shot, this time from behind me as everyone froze. I looked behind and there stood Maeve, Sabrina and Cynthia.

"I won't let you do this easily, you bitch," she said before she shot one of the men who I was fighting with. I was super surprised by her rebellious attitude which made me actually happy.

"Oh no," I heard Peter mumble before he took something out of his hand. It looked like a grapple hook which he then used to jump out one of the hall windows.

As there was already chaos going on around us, the other started fighting again and I glanced at Maeve. She looked content to see me as she approached my wolf while our partners took care of the other men.

She hugged my fur and placed a kiss on my head as Reller purred at the fact that his mate was kissing him.

I changed into myself before putting on my shorts and hugging her again which made me sigh. "I love you so much," I said to her with a smile.

"I love you too," she replied and

"We have to go after him," she muttered as I nodded during the time that we moved towards the door.

He wouldn't get away and that would be it. I grabbed Maeve's arm and ran outside along with her.

"Alpha! We have caught him. He was trying to escape," one of my pack warrior's said to me as I looked at the bitch who was in his arms.

It was pretty obvious that Peter had been beaten up and was breathing harshly making me smirk.

"You thought you could escape?" Maeve asked with a chuckle as she moved closer to him.

"You ruined my life and everyone else's around you. You ruined everything you bitch. I can't even fanthom to look at you. You don't deserve life, you deserve hell," I glanced at Maeve and I was pretty surprised to see her so furious. She had never shown how irked she could be but this time, she looked hot doing so.

"And that makes me horrible? I wanted to live a life where I would be free and not be a fucking slave for someone. Jacob still couldn't give me that and I made the freedom for myself," He replied back to Maeve which made me grit my teeth and move towards him.

Punching him as hard as I could, I heard a crack in his face which made me satisfied. I felt Maeve placing a hand on my bicep to stop me from hitting him further which I obeyed and moved away from him.

He coughed and spit some blood on the side while Maeve just stood and watched his actions.

"You really thought that the witches would help you in this? Why don't you take a look behind me?" Maeve asked him as I smirked knowing full well what her strategy was.

Peter looked up with his bloodied face and the witches who had helped him, were on their knees in front of the building. They were handcuffed by my pack warrior's and had their heads lowered in shame.

I glanced at his pathetic self again but he never said anything. It was as if he knew what would happen and what the consequences were going to be.

"You see that? They gave up on you so easily. You meant nothing to them just like how you made me feel my entire life!" By the end of her sentence, Maeve had already screamed at him which made him slightly flinch.

I moved closer to my mate and rubbed her arms to calm her down as she sighed.

"It's okay love," I whispered in her ear as she nodded. I glanced back at Peter who had a smirk on his face.

"Why the fuck are you smiling?" I growled at him as he just shook his head with a cackle.

"You didn't plan for everything did you?" He asked both of us as we glanced at each other. Even our warrior's stared at him confusion but the next moment, he spilled the truth.

"The building behind me has a bomb inside it. I started it 15 minutes ago and now you're all go-" before he could be done with his censure, I grabbed Maeve and tried running out of the area and towards where we parked the cars.

But before any of us actually outrunned the area, a huge boom sounded from behind us and fuming splinters of fire bulged out.

I heard Maeve coughing as we had slipped onto the ground. I moved closer to her and grabbed her face to check for any injuries.

"Are you okay baby?" I asked her as she nodded and stood up along with me.

"Is everyone okay? Tiana! Where is Tiana?" I asked for my sister immediately as I heard her voice up ahead. Sighing in relief, we met up with everyone while our members were trying to take care of themselves.

"I'm fine. Are you okay?" She asked Maeve and I as we also nodded back at her. Just because Maeve wasn't harmed physically that didn't meant she was okay mentally. I know my baby was hurt.

"Where is Peter?" Maeve asked the warrior's who were recovering some of their injured men.

"He's dead Luna. He burned in the fire," he replied with a bow and left. I sighed and glanced at Maeve who had a relieved expression on and I could definitely understand her.

"I don't feel so good," Maeve mumbled from beside me as we were discussing our exits while everyone was busy conversating. I eyed her weak figure and clutched her cold hands in mine.

"What do you mean baby? What's going on?" I asked with concern as I felt her face morph into somewhat of pain. I held her shoulder's to not let her fall while her eye's closed making me panic.

"No no no, Maeve keep your eyes open!"

[Word Count- 1161]

A/N

Welp here is the chapter 51! 4 more chapters to go.

Anyways I hope you have enjoyed. Would love your feedback :)

xoxo

-lily