Ch#41: "A Different Strategy"

Davien's Pov:

"You can wait in these rooms while Karsika will arrive from her meeting," a witch told us and I kind of recognized her voice. She must be the witch who talked to me on the phone and have Karsika's contact.

Sabrina and Aiden left for their room while me and Maeve went for ours.

"Alright thanks," I greeted and she stared at Maeve and gave us both a smile. I noticed her staring at her longer before she cleared her throat.

I growled at her before she submissively looked down and left the room. I looked at Maeve who stared at me with a raised brow. I just sighed and looked away before placing our luggage beside our bed.

"Are you jealous of the woman?" Maeve asked as I saw her placing her purse and phone on the side table of our bed.

"Well yeah," I said and sat down on the bed taking my phone out.

"You don't have to be jealous Davi, I am yours," she said and her voice felt like scratching nails in my ears all of a sudden. I didn't understand this surge of anger that I felt as she spoke.

Sighing, I just closed my eyes and controlled my wolf who in return didn't feel like he was angry. It wasn't him...?

"Hey, is everything okay?" Maeve asked as she sat in my lap and I nodded wrapping my arms around her waist.

"Yeah, I guess I feel a little anxious or something. I am not sure about this feeling," I told her as she nodded in understanding and rubbed my back in a soothing manner.

For a few moments we both didn't say anything and just kept the comfortable silence as it passed over us. I had placed my head in her neck as it is the most intimate spot for any werewolf while she was rubbing my back and playing with my hair.

"Thank you for this love," I spoke after a while as she giggled and we both pulled away.

"You're welcome but I should be also taking care of you from time to time, you do it so much while I don't," she said and my heart fluttered at her words making me smile. She's my mate and I really can't believe it.

"That's sweet," I replied and we just looked at each other for a moment, appreciating us being together.

Around 15-20 minutes later, a knock was heard on the door and I opened it revealing the witch from earlier.

"Alpha Davien and Luna Maeve, you both can meet Karsika now. Follow me," she didn't make eye contact with any of us as Maeve and I, both shared glances and left the room.

We both followed her outside and she opened a large door. There in the middle of the room sat a lady, probably Karsika.

"Welcome Alpha and Luna. You may take a seat," the woman greeted us. She had long black hair and her face was slightly wrinkled which meant she was probably in her 50s.

"Good to meet you. Now we should get straight to the point," she finished and stared at us. "Is that alright?"

"Yes it's fine," Maeve answered making me roll an eye. What is going on with me?!

"Alright so I need the whole story first. When did this start? What was the first occurrence like? And most importantly I will need a little bit of your past," she explained as we nodded and I looked at Maeve who heaved a sigh.

"Maeve was in a pack and she was abused for a long time. When I found her, she of course experienced a lot of nightmare's to the point where our pack doctor injected her with sedatives to see how long she could go without a nightmare," I told her as she nodded before humming to herself.