{Chapter 80}

Xander's POV:

When I finished the tale, the man who kneeled before me had no words to say. He continued staring at the ground as if he was searching for the voice that he lost.

I smiled with boiling anger as I asked one of the soldiers to lead the families out of there safely. A small group of them left and I walked forward, glaring at the man's head with utter contempt.

"How dare you threaten my people?" I asked, as my voice trembled in rage. "How dare you terrorize my people that are under my protection?"

The man simply looked up with empty eyes before smiling. I perked my eyebrows, waiting for his answer.

"You might have found the captives..." he muttered, maintaining that maniacal smile. "And you might have killed all my men...But I will not talk!"

Hearing that, I scoffed before pulling down my hood and boring my eyes into his. "You do not need to for now. Use your ears, that is enough,"

After observing the confusion in his eyes, I sighed and the air escaped like a wisp of smoke. I held this monster in me for a long time. It was about time to release it. I signaled the men around me to step back and they did just that.

"I was five when I lost my parents," I began, looking at all of the men who swore to me. "Lost and hopeless, all I wanted was to be with them. But alas, it was not possible,"

"When I was crowned King, the first thing I swore was to make sure that no other child suffered the same fate as I did! I would not allow it,"

I turned back and watched eyes, that only looked at me. Everyone fell silent and listened with rapt attention.

"When I was born, I was the named heir. The one that would one day inherit the throne," I stated and pointed a finger at the ground. "I was born to rule! I was kept alive to rule. What I own is my birthright! And I will not allow any scum to take my right and destroy this kingdom. As long as I live, every inch of Anthreal is mine By law and by heart!"

A row of encouragement prevailed in the air and I had to raise an arm to stop them. There was a fire that started burning in my mind. And it will always burn.

"Some bloody fool threatens to usurp. The fool who killed my father and mother. The same being who caused the deaths of many, including my unborn child! A fratricide! A monster!"

Everyone remained silent, a sign of respect. I turned back once more and glanced down at the man, who was listening to my words too.

"You may be wondering why I kept alive, Adrain Borgan," I punctuated, curling my fingers. "So listen. You will be a messenger. Go to whatever rat hole that the coward you serve hides and convey my message for him,"

After a long pause, I glanced at Eustice, who nodded and walked away, along with several others. Once again, I turned to face the man.

"Your false King is living in his dreams, floating away as he made mistake after mistake," I said, with a blank face. "And trust me, I will wake him up,"

Anger was flowing through my pulse and the cold only fueled my boldness. I took another step and waved off the soldiers who held him forcefully. They bowed and moved back, allowing Adrain to collapse on the ground.

"Tell him word for word, Adrain," I smiled, but then it dropped into a dangerous frown. "Tell your bloody bastard of a King to understand that he will not put a toe in Anthreal as long as I live. This is my kingdom and I shall protect it with my life,"

I stepped sideways which allowed him to see a frightening sight. The bar that they took over stood tall in front of him. All the corpses of his companions were laid inside.