{Chapter 41}

Narrator's POV:

"Have you heard?"

"Yes. A few days ago. Near the town's square."

"I never thought that previous King and Queen were murdered..."

"The vile man must be killed! I pity our King..."

"Yes...It is wise of him to declare war."

"Anthreal will suffer. But in the end, justice will be served."

The man in the carriage sighed. He was slightly irritated by the chirpings of other people. He flipped the curtain.

"Jerold, how long do I have to travel? I want to see my sister," he said, in a childish manner.

The man called Jerold was outside, riding a beautiful brown stallion. He sighed and looked around.

"Just a few more minutes, My Prince. Please be patient," he replied.

His tone indicated that they were quite close. The prince sighed and looked at the sky. It seemed to be brighter than yesterday.

"Can I not ride my horse? It is not likely to rain any time sooner," He asked.

He had been stuck in that carriage for a whole day. He loved horses and he did not wish to be imprisoned.

"Be calm, My Prince. I am sure the princess would not prefer to see you drenched. Besides, you are safer here." Jerold answered back, groaning.

"She is a Queen now." The man replied.

"My apologies." Jerold laughed. "For me, she is still the little princess of Peliasse,"

"And now...she's my little sister." The prince sighed.

The royal escort seemed to be made of only ten men. The Prince despised extravagance as he made it clear. He begged his father to let him go alone but was refused.

"This garb is making me uncomfortable!" The prince muttered. "Why do princes have to wear this type of attire!?" 

"To symbolise their power and royal status, of course!" Jerold replied from outside as if it was the most obvious thing ever.

"If I wanted to show my power, I would rather not wear this." The Prince muttered.

He grabbed a paper fan and began fanning himself.

"Even the winds don't have mercy on us, today. Or is Anthreal always this unbearable?" He questioned, more to himself.

"Anthreal is quite pleasant." Jerold,  who heard him, said. "I came here once when I was escorting the princess here for the first time,"

"Perhaps...it was much pleased when my sister was here." The Prince mumbled. "I can't wait to see her!"

He had no intention of waiting any longer. For months, he was forced to learn etiquette and manners. He hated that since it stood against everything that he believed in. But the circumstances...was rather not much in his favour.

"Are you alright, Prince Eliot?..." Jerold asked, with an unsure smile.

"Just get me to the castle before I get cooked in this pot..."
____________________________________

His wish has been fulfilled as they arrived near the gates. The Prince, who could not tame his eagerness, popped his head outside for a clear view.

The castle was extraordinary. The huge structure did not fascinate the Prince though. Jerold poked his head, meaning for him to put his head back inside the carriage.