{Chapter 45}

Catheline's POV:

Soon, the week had gone by. I was extremely upset when there was only one day until Eliot had to leave. I did not wish for him to go and he did not wish for him to leave me.

This week had been very precious to me. I managed to show my brother Waterlight by simply calling him to my chambers one afternoon. He held it precisely and said that it was made to be held by a woman. When he asked how many people I killed with it, I fell silent. But soon, I told him about every adventure I had done with the sword. He was momentarily stunned before declaring that he is lucky to have such a talented sister.

The more time I spent with my brother, the less I had for my husband. But it didn't matter, since he had been quite busy himself. I encountered Lord Corrington a couple of times more and had small talks with him. He seemed to be a very optimistic person. He left for his home a few days ago.

This morning was the last morning my brother would stay in Anthreal. He would leave for Peliasse the next one. So, I had to appreciate my time with him. After he spoke about our father, I never asked him about it again. I did not wish to dampen the happy times we had.

As always, I was waiting for him in the gardens. Karra was beside me, as if in a daze. I slightly shook her to get her attention.

"What are you thinking about?"

"N-Nothing..." She mumbled. "I feel distracted today,"

"Distracted with what?" I asked her while crossing my arms.

"It's about Lady Daraa..." She mumbled tersely.

I paused for a moment. It had been a while since I had seen Lady Daraa, prowling the castle like a great lioness.

"Today I heard from the maids who serve her that...she is not getting better..."

"What!?

"Please calm down, Your Grace," Karra whispered. "They say that she...she seems to be coughing blood..."

I could feel a sharp sensation in my chest. What was going on? Lady Daraa was being treated by proficient physicians. She should be getting better soon. Then, what is this news? So far, I heard that Xander hadn't been seeing her often. The sudden urge of visiting her was in my mind.

I turned around only to see my brother, approaching me with a wide grin.

"Cathy," he said and hugged me happily. "I apologize for making you wait,"

"No harm done, brother," I smiled back. Today, he seemed to be very exuberant.

Since he seems so happy today, perhaps I can visit Lady Daraa in the evening. But before I could speak about today's activities, my brother spoke out.

"Today, I am visiting my good brother,"

I stayed there, dumbfounded. What?

"Why do you need to see him?..." I asked slowly.

"I am leaving on the morrow. Hence, there are some important things I have to discuss with your husband," he patted my arm.

He turned around to leave but I quickly held his hand.

"You-"

"Relax, sister," he interrupted me and winked. "You might thank me for this,"

He managed to get away while I fell into a trance. What are you up to, brother?
____________________________________

Xander's POV:

Erolasiv.

What is that place? Where is its location?