{Chapter 43}

Catheline's POV:

As soon as I reached the door of my chambers, I found Nathaniel. He was standing near the door, leaning against the wall and looking fatigued. As soon as he saw me, he stood up straight and greeted me.

"Is Xander in there?" I asked him.

"Of course," He replied. Suddenly, his face fell.

"Is there anything that I should know about?" I asked him, knowing the meaning behind his expression.

Nathaniel glanced at me before looking sideways at the door tersely. Then, he returned his gaze to me.

"The King had talked to Lady Daraa this morning," He revealed.

Why was he so upset about that? Poor Lady Daraa was waiting for Xander to talk to her. But I knew something wrong had happened.

"You can go. I will talk to him about it," I told him.

He reluctantly nodded and walked away from the hallways. I sighed as I rested my hand on the handle of the door.

I hope everything is well.

When I entered the room, it was lit not too brightly. The bed lamp shone brightly. I found Xander near the window, where a cage rested on the frame. 

He quickly turned to me when he heard the door creak open. I greeted him with a bright smile as I shut the door.

"Did I make you wait?" I asked him while walking toward the bed.

"Not exactly."

I sat on the bed, making myself comfortable. Though walking was good for pregnant women, it was certainly not good news for me. Perhaps it was due to a long walk and continuous chatter I had with my brother most of the day.

Xander walked toward the bed but not before grabbing the cage gently. I was pleased to see this action since I wanted to have a look at my hawk.

"Your brother gave you a beautiful present," he commented as he sat beside me.

I took the cage in my hands carefully and spied on the bird, who was asleep in the middle of the grass heap. It was adorable.

"Hawks are known to be fierce. Are you sure you can handle one?"

I turned sharply toward Xander. My sudden action made him twitch.

"How do you know that it was a Hawk?"

He hesitated before answering. "I know a lot about lonely and newborn beasts,"

"This is not a beast!" I argued loudly. "How can you say that?"

"It will grow into one." He reasoned.

"Until then, it would not. It is a child,"

"Can we stop this pointless argument, Catheline?"

It was only then that I realised that I was acting furious over nothing. These strange changes in the way my mind works these days were something I was not used to. I smiled slightly before looking at the baby hawk again.

What should I name it? Perhaps I can take someone's help regarding it.

"So...how did it go?"

I looked at Xander. His tone indicated that he was curious.

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"Your brother. Did you get to know him?"

"Oh..."