{Chapter 76}

Catheline's POV:

A week had passed by. This morning, I had to bid farewell to my brother and Lady Michelle. As soon as the carriage left the gates of the castle, my mind returned to the last week's incidents.

My brother gifted me a box that contained all the tools for carving wood. He even brought a small horse I made in the past and flaunted it in front of Xander. My husband wanted it too and they almost fought for it. He only stopped when I promised him that I would make another for him.

And about Xander...

My face began warming already at the thought of him. No matter how hard I tried, I just could not forget that night. Not that I wanted to. Buy every time I see him, my head floats to the clouds. I waited and waited for him to open up. And at last, I finally managed to do it. We were now closer than ever because we had a bond stronger than anything. Love.

A knock on my study door made me turn around from the view of the window. "Enter,"

Soon, I faced Karra and Sir Vincent in the chambers. Karra as always looked jubilant. Though she was quite scared of the old knight, she got used to him. Everyone got used to him by now, especially Nathaniel. I was slightly surprised when I saw that both of them laughing over some jest.

"Your brother will be back here again, Your Grace," Vincent spoke, with a concerned look.

He understood that I felt upset but I responded with a dismissive smile. "I will be fine. We have more pressing matters to attend to,"

Both of them looked at each other before glancing at me again. I sighed and walked toward the table, where my parakeets's cage was kept. I chose to let them stay here. And of Ferus, I decided to train him as a messenger bird. Karra talked to the man who was responsible for this duty. He agreed and promised that he would take extra care of my hawk.

"As you know, my husband gave me a certain power," I reminded them once more, as I kept my fingers on the metal frame.

"What do you plan to do, Your Grace?"

I turned around after a quick consideration and looked at both of them. This thought had been in my head ever since that night. "I will use this power to protect this kingdom, of course,"

Karra tilted her head while the old man gave me a familiar look. I looked down, understanding what I was doing. But I was not going to take any risks.

"I may not be able to go to the battlefield and kill that scum myself..." I told them, my voice barely a whisper. "But my husband will. And I will make sure that he will live to reach that day,"

Karra looked frightened at my words and to be truthful, I was a bit intimidating. Because even Vincent showed signs of worry.

"I need to form a secret unit,"

Both of them were momentarily stunned but Vincent was quick to recover.

"You wish to establish your spy network, Your Grace?"

"Something like that," I nodded. "These people would not be just spies, but also men who can put up a good fight,"

I knew I had to have my people tell me about the situations in the kingdom. In this way, I could learn about suspicious activities and end them logically. Just like the Queen on a chessboard, I had to move in all directions and see all possibilities.

"These men will be under disguise all the time," I crossed my arms and began pacing around the room. "They will expose all the malicious ones and defend the innocents in secret,"