「𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗬-𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘」

"Quick, there's a patient with code blue!" a nurse caught the attention of the doctor.

We were all running with the body lying on the wheeled stretcher, hoping that it wasn't too late.

"What is it?" the doctor asked.

"A shot wound and it's urgent, the patient already lost too much blood," the nurse explained.

We rolled the stretcher near the emergency door, but when we wanted to enter it, another nurse stopped us.

"I'm sorry, but you're not allowed to enter," she told.

"But we can't just stand here!"

"These are the rules, please follow them or else you have to leave," she warned.

"We'll follow them, just... How much does it take?" Jaeyun asked.

"I have no information on this, the doctor will be out in a few hours probably and tell you how it went," she nodded as she excused herself.

"Oh my God, oh my God."

"Calm down, everything will be alright," Jaeyun assured.

"He... Took that bullet for me," my eyes filled with tears.

"Jaeyun, he might die just because of me," my voice cracked as he took me in his arms.

"Heeseung's gonna be fine, he's strong and you know that," he comforted.

"They said there's a possibility he won't make it," I started crying, "I'll never forgive myself if that happens."

"Shh," Jaeyun rubbed my back, trying to calm me down.

"I don't want to lose him yet," I continued crying in his arms.

"Please try to breathe, love, your situation will get worse if you don't calm down," he advised.

"I'm fine," I sniffed.

"Let's sit down, yeah?" he guided me on one of the chairs next to the emergency room.

"Everything will work out eventually," he explained.

For the next few hours I spent the time either crying or spacing out. I couldn't stop thinking about the worst case scenarios that might occur.

Jaeyun tried his best to make me feel better, but no matter how much he wanted to help me, I still felt guilty for everything that happened.

"It's been nine hours already, why is no one here yet?!" I started to lose my patience.

"Sit down, it won't help Heeseung if you go all mad now," Jaeyun put his hand on my shoulder.

"I'm so done, Jaeyun! They keep walking in and out and no one even dares to mutter a word!" I looked at the nurses.

"Excuse me, are you here for Lee Heeseung?" a doctor came up to us.

I side-eyed Jaeyun, finding the situation quite embarrassing.

"Yes, we are," Jaeyun answered.

"Before we share how the surgery went, we need to know if anyone of you is related to him?" the doctor wondered.

"I'm his friend..." I muttered confused.

"I'm sorry, but if none of you are any family members of Mr. Lee, we're not allowed to provide you any information," he announced.

"Actually, I'm his brother," Jaeyun suddenly lied.

"Well, if that's the case... Mr. Lee was in a very life threatening situation, the bullet he took missed his heart by one centimeter," the doctor informed.