「𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬-𝗦𝗜𝗫」

I was too speechless to respond. I saw his wet eyes directly staring at me, waiting for an answer.

I knew I couldn't keep him waiting for long because he'd probably overthink.

Honestly, I knew he'd treat me good if I accepted to be his girlfriend, but it's myself who I don't trust.

I'm scared that I'll push him away when I'm in difficult situations and end up breaking his heart.

But if he was ready to change himself in order to be with me, why couldn't I do it?

I'm ready to be with you, Jaeyun.

My lips curved upwards and I nodded repeatedly to show him that I'm ready to be his person.

"Yes, Jaeyun. You can be my boyfriend," I responded with a huge smile on my face.

Upon hearing my response, he smiled out of relief and gave me a big, tight hug.

"Thank you for giving me a chance,"

"I'll give my best to treat you like you deserve to be."

"I know you will," I took in his intoxicating scent.

When he pulled away, our faces were centimeters apart. I was staring directly into his eyes, the same brown ones I recognized from years ago.

His eyes trailed down to my lips when he asked, "May I kiss you?"

Without hesitating, I made the first step and closed the distance between us.

Closing my eyes, I let myself melt against him and my fingers found their place around his neck. It felt like my heart has longed for this moment for so long.

I enjoyed the soft warmth of his soft lips against mine, the way he cupped my cheeks, and how I hold onto his neck.

Suddenly, his hand traced down to my waist to bring me closer to him. I felt a wide grin forming on his lips, showing me he was proud of his achievement.

We both pulled apart due to the lack of oxygen, and just rested our foreheads against each other.

I felt his hold on my waist form into a hug as he was snuggling his face into my neck.

"That tickles," I giggled.

"Sorry, I'm just so happy," he left kisses all over my neck.

I started giggling uncontrollably, trying to push him away, but he wouldn't budge.

After a few seconds, we felt the cabin coming to an halt.

"Looks like we're done here," I concluded.

"No, I don't want to," he hugged himself tighter around me.

"Stop being a baby, get up," I stood up, breaking the hug with my stuffed animal in my hand.

"You're no fun," he sighed.

We got out of the cabin and started heading home to end the night.

When we were talking comfortably on our way, I felt his hand touching mine and took this as a sign to embrace it with mine.

-

When we arrived at home, my father was still in his office, so I asked my step-mother to tell him we arrived safely.

Once upstairs, I went into Jaeyun's room because he wouldn't stop nagging about us spending the night together.

Now, I was laying on his chest while he was caressing my hair.

"You know, a week ago, you warned me about not crossing your side of the bed and now look at who's sleeping in my bed every night," Jaeyun teased while I felt a vibration under my ear caused by his giggle.

"It's not like you literally begged me to sleep here tonight," I rolled my eyes sarcastically.

"You still have a free will," he argued.

"Okay, then," I sat up to get off the bed.

"Where are you going, love?" he pulled me back towards him, so that now we were facing each other.

"You told me to get out," I raised my eyebrow.

"So dramatic," he said before he started kissing my face.

First my cheeks, second my forehead, then my chin, and lastly the tip of my nose.

And of course, his favorite spot, my neck.

As he placed kisses on it slowly with his soft lips, I accidentally let out a quiet moan while closing my eyes.

"Fuck, stop this," he warned as he suddenly pulled away.

"Why?" I stared at him with innocent eyes, deciding to tease him.

"I won't be able to control myself if you keep this up," he stared into my eyes.

I felt my face heating up due to the sudden tension. Noticing my reaction, he let out a laugh and hugged me tightly.

"You're so cute," he squealed happily.

"Am not," I barely managed to say because my face was buried in his chest.

"My girlfriend is so cute," he continued.

"You're the sunshine in our relationship," I declared.

"That's not true. You're secretly bubbly, but just won't show it."

"Maybe I am, but just with you," I pulled away from his chest to look into his mesmerizing eyes.

"You're so beautiful. I know my past self would freak out if I tell him we're dating," he giggled.

"Mine too. But in a bad way because she considers you an asshole," I laughed along.

When silence filled the room, I took my chance to ask him the thing I was the most curious about for weeks.

"Jaeyun... Do you want to talk about what happened... In Australia?" I started to grow nervous.

I saw the smile on his face slowly fading away when his eyes remained on mine.

He just took a deep breath, staring at the ceiling, without uttering a word.

I got the hint and concluded that he didn't want to talk about this and was perhaps mad at me for asking.

"I shouldn't have asked, I'm-"

"I will tell you..."

I snapped my head towards him, just to see his eyes holding concern in them.

"I don't want to push you, Jaeyun," I reassured him.

"You don't. I owe this to you... This is the least thing I can do," his voice sounded low.

"You don't owe me anything, baby. I don't want to pressure you. It was wrong to ask in the first place," I put my hand on his cheek.

He then, put his own hand over mine, and nodded with a smile on his face while tears were welling up in his eyes.

He wrapped me in his arms again and caressed my hair, so that we both were starting to get sleepy.

When I was one second away from falling asleep, I heard him speak, "I'm sorry I can't tell you. I'm not ready to lose you yet... And I don't think I ever will be."

-

author's note: The secret Jake's been hiding seems like a huge one, huh?🤔