「𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘」

"You expect me to not change after all these years? People come and go, get over it, Jake," I hissed.

"I know you didn't just say that to me when it applies to you the most," Jaeyun snapped.

"Just get out. You're not even here for two weeks and you're already making my life a living hell," I yelled at him.

He became quiet and his eyes softened.

"Fine, I will leave,"

I turned around and let out a sigh, overwhelmed by this situation.

"If I see you taking your medication in front of me," Jaeyun finished.

"Just leave, Jake. Why are you making this harder than it already is?" I grew frustrated.

"I will not leave until you do so. Please."

After a few seconds of staring at him, I finally gave in. Opening my drawer, I took the medication out.

"Wait," he interrupted me as I was about to open the package.

"Let me see it," he grabbed it softly from my hands.

"Oh, God," I huffed.

After a few seconds of inspecting and reading through it closely, he opened the package and gave it back to me.

I just stood there when he nodded in my direction, signaling me to take the pill.

After I took it and showed him my tongue to proof him, he smiled at me lightly.

"Thank you. I'll be leaving now but promise me you'll get some rest and take better care of yourself," Jaeyun demanded.

Leaving no choice but to agree, I promised him I'd do it.

"I promise. Good night, Jake."

"Good night, Yera," he said before he left.

As I closed the door, I dropped down on my couch, knowing he'd be the only thing occurring in my dreams.

-

After a very restless night, I woke up to realize it's Friday, what means after today, weekend was near.

Though I didn't really have anything better to do than studying, watching dramas, reading or going to the gym, I was still excited.

As I entered class, I realized that I was late... Well not exactly but ten minutes early in university are actually ten minutes late.

I tried to look for a free spot but sadly I couldn't find one. There was no way I'd listen to the lecture while sitting on the ground.

Suddenly, I heard someone calling my name. I turned around just to see a whispering Kazuha.

"Yera... Here, come sit next to us."

I analyzed the seats next to her. On her right side I saw Jihyo and on her left Jay. Unfortunately, next to Jay there sat Jaeyun who seemed to have the only free seat to his left.

On the inside, I facepalmed myself. But I guess there was no choice so I just sat down silently after greeting Kazuha and Jihyo.

Throughout the whole physics class, I could sense Jaeyun staring at me and inspecting my moves.

As the professor asked us if we had the solution to his answer, I raised my hand.

"The answer is fourty," I stated confidently.

Next to me, I saw Jaeyun raising his hand. This reminds me of our high school times so I knew exactly what he wanted to say.

"Yes, Jake?" the professor called out to him.

"The answer is fourty-five," he disagreed.

"No, I'm pretty sure it's fourty, I calculated everything perfectly," I argued.

"It's definitely fourty-five. Your perfect calculation doesn't make sense," Jaeyun stared into my eyes.

"You used the wrong formula. You have no right to tell me what's right and wrong... Idiot," I whispered the last part.

"What do you mean I used the formula wrong? The professor literally used it in the last task too," he confronted.

"That's enough you two!" the professor yelled.

"You guys act like you're in middle school. If you can't put your arguments aside, don't enter my class anymore," he continued.

"Damn, that old man," Jaeyun muttered.

Upon hearing those words, I tried to hold in my laugh before I got kicked out of the lecture.

Jaeyun next to me, seemed to notice it and smiled proudly to himself.

"I won't even tell the right answer to you both because I don't want to bring any of your egos up," the professor stated.

We sighed and slided down in our seats. As if that's going to solve the task, why can't he just admit I'm right?

After the lecture, the professor called us to him. Apparently, he wanted to give us a special task as he mentioned earlier.

"You two have been the best ones so far in this class. Even you, Jake who hasn't been here for long, managed to fit into my class perfectly without any flaws," he praised Jaeyun.

Jaeyun just smirked at me as if he knew what I was thinking.

"However, I must admit that Yera was right before. You really used the wrong formula, even if I used it in the task before, in that case it wasn't necessary."

Now his smirk was replaced by a frown and I just whispered a proud "Told you."

"Of course I want to support both of my best students so I have a task for you. You guys will be leading one lecture together about the topic "Kepler's Law". I expect you two to explain everything thoroughly and paraphrase foreign words. In this sheet everything is explained extensively," the professor handed us the piece of paper.

Jaeyun and I were too stunned to speak. In these whole two years that I've been here, the professor never asked me to do this but now with Jaeyun?

"If you have no further questions, you're allowed to leave. And do me a favor please... Set your arguments aside in my class or you guys will get banned from it."

As I left the classroom with a frown, I couldn't help but to think about how I have to work along with Jaeyun. It seemed like there was no escape nearby. Suddenly, I felt a presence next to me trying to catch up.

"So, when should we start preparing our lecture?" Jaeyun asked excitedly.

-

author's note: I just saw a video where Hee and Jake were dancing and Jake showed us the finger while Hee was dancing his ass off💀 Anyway happy bday Hee~