「𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡」

"So? I'm waiting," I impatiently stated.

"Let's talk about this later, when we're doing our picnic, alright?" Jaeyun asked, his head still down.

I hated setting him under pressure but on the other hand, I deserved to know what happened. He can't just disappear, randomly appear in my life again, and expect 100% of my trust to be still there.

It seemed like he was uncomfortable speaking about this topic but I wanted answers. No, I needed them.

"Alright," I uttered while putting the glasses and plates on the table.

"Listen, Yera. I really want to tell you but you need to understand that it was hard for me too. I wish it was that easy to tell you but-" he took a deep breath.

"But?"

"Never mind, I'm just sorry," he pursed his lips.

I didn't respond. Instead, I ate the breakfast he made in silence and didn't dare to utter a word.

The food he made was absolutely delicious, who taught him that?

I wanted to compliment him so bad but my stubbornness took over, so I remained silent.

After we finished eating, he helped me to clean up the kitchen and even washed the dishes.

It's so hard to stay mad at him when he's doing these sweet things. Without noticing, I lightly smiled at him as I observed him.

"By the way," he started as I was bought back to reality from my trance.

"I'm gonna leave to my dorm after cleaning because I still have to prepare some things for our picnic. In that while, you can get ready because I know how long you take," he softly smiled.

"I don't," I rolled my eyes.

He sighed as he noticed the mood I was in. "Come on, don't be like that. I told you I'll tell you, cheer up, please," he side hugged me.

"Mhm," I just responded.

After another sigh, he loosened his hold on me and left to his dorm.

I hate being like this but he has to get used to not keep things from me, especially when they're that much of importance.

After cleaning the living room up, I took a shower, put my clothes on, and applied my make up.

As I did the last touches, I heard two knocks on my door. I opened it just to see a brightly smiling Jaeyun.

Out of reflex, I returned the smile, he just seemed so excited.

"Are you ready, Ms. Hwang?" he bowed.

"Stop it or I'm going to close the door in your face and you can picnic with the deers," I warned.

"Damn, sorry. Let's get going, shall we?" he was still smiling.

"Yeah, let me get my basket."

-

As we arrived at the park, we both took our baskets from his car and started walking to the spot he prepared.

The spot was somewhere hidden in the park to the point where I thought he brought me here to murder me.

"Here we are," he exclaimed.

Jaw dropping. That's the only thing I could think of.

The grass on the ground was a fresh green. In front of us, there was a narrow, long river filled with clear water. All around us, it was filled with every kind of flower I ever knew. Some of the flowers which were on the trees, had also fallen into the river, so it looked like absolutely mesmerizing.

"Wow, Jaeyun... That's-"

"Beautiful, I know," he finished my sentence.

I turned around to look at him as I expected my eyes to meet his side profile. Instead, I made direct eye contact with him. Was he staring at me the whole time?

After a while, he spoke up. "Let's sit down, we can place the rug here," he pointed as he made his way to the spot.

We adjusted the rug on the ground and placed our baskets in it. Lastly, we both sat down as the sun was kissing our skins.

"Look, I made you something," he smiled.

Upon seeing what it was, I felt my face heating up.

He handed me a box of heart-shaped, pink-glaced donuts.

"You made these yourself? Thank you very much," I gave him a sincere smile while he looked into my eyes.

"I'm glad you like them, it took hours and all of my mentality to make these," he giggled.

I don't know whether it's the atmosphere, the moment or the place but right then my heart started to beat in a rapid pace. The sound of his laugh is the most beautiful I've ever heard, I want to hear it forever. I don't think I'll ever get tired of it.

"I also made you something," I beamed.

"Oh yeah? What is it- Oh."

I showed him the cake I made. It was one with blue frosting and on it there was written JAKE and it was crossed out. Under it, there was written JAEYUN as a correction.

"You're... something," he looked down while smiling shyly.

"You don't like it? I'm-"

No! I love it, Yera. Don't be sad," Jaeyun assured.

"This is actually pretty funny. I know I keep telling you to not call me Jake but this cake? It's hilarious, thank you," he laughed.

I made him laugh, that laugh.

We both decided to share our pastries after the actual food that we brought.

As we were eating, a comfortable silence fell upon us. I couldn't be happier, just him with me in this place, all alone.

To remember this moment, I secretly took a photo of him. As expected, he looked so beautiful on it even if he's not paying any attention.

After a while, Jaeyun spoke up. "Yera... Do you... Wanna know where I was in all these years?" he looked up at me.

I sighed. This felt wrong. "Jaeyun, I don't want to set you under pressure. I hate doing that and I'm about to go crazy because I'm so curious but..."

"It's just that I hate seeing you all uncomfortable while talking to me. I just want one thing from you and it's honesty, if you want to be trusted, be honest. That's all I'm asking you for," I looked down to my lap where my hands were resting.

It fell quiet for some seconds until I noticed sniffling sounds from the boy in front of me. I looked up and...

He was crying.

-

author's note: so call me p-r-d-x invader 😜