「𝗙𝝝𝗥𝗧𝗬-𝝝𝗡𝗘」

"I'm telling you, I have nothing to do with this," I stated desperately, hoping they'd believe me this time.

"The evidence says otherwise," he raised his eyebrows.

That's what he's been saying for the past two hours. I couldn't take it anymore mentally, my head was aching and my eyes were tired. The only light source in the police interrogation room was a dim light bulb on the ceiling.

"What evidence?!" my anger came out, "Unless there are no blood patches of Mr. Sim with my finger prints on them, you have no right to hold me captive!"

"Ms. Hwang, we are not holding you captive, we're just asking for your cooperation," he sat down on the chair in front of me.

"What could I possibly do to cooperate with you? I don't know anything either," my eyes became glossy as I tried to hide them by burying my face into my palms.

"Evidence shows that you and Sim Jake have been in a relationship with each other for quite a while. Nonetheless, you both were also really close during your childhood years..." he suddenly took out some pictures of me and Jaeyun as pre-school kids, in middle school and also a recent picture out of a newspaper in which we were in the background.

I couldn't stand the sight, I knew I was going to cry if I looked at them any longer, "I don't want to see those."

"You seem to be distant to him now... Tell me, Ms. Hwang, if you're really not his accomplice, did you know what kind of person he was?"

I don't even know myself.

"No, I didn't. I had no clue about it," I half-lied.

"You're really not making this easy for us and for yourself. I don't know anything about the relationship you had with each other, but I can sense that you want to protect him, isn't that the case?" he stared sharply at me.

"No, not at all. I was also fooled by him, he made me fall into his traps. If I knew he was capable of these things, I would've directly gone to the police."

Well, I didn't.

"So you really didn't know anything about his intentions and suspicions?" he asked, crossing his arms.

"No, I've been telling you for the past two hours!" I raised my voice.

"Agent Kim, we can't keep her in here forever if we don't have any valuable evidence, this could cause a prosecution," the other man whispered to him.

Agent? These guys are definitely worse than the police. I guess rich people will always get what they want and their cases are seen as far more important.

Agent Kim just sighed, "How can we make sure we can trust you?"

"I don't care if you do or not, I just want to get out of this room, I have a life to live. You can keep an eye on me for the rest of my life, I don't care. I already told you Sim Jake is dead to me," I stated with a hint of anger in my voice.

The both agents just stared at each other for a while before telling me they need a minute to talk outside.

God, what am I supposed to do now?

I secretly hoped Jaeyun killing his father was a big misunderstanding, but the video they showed on TV just proofed how much he deceived me...

I got shivers on my whole body only by thinking about it.

I shouldn't have gotten close to him in first place because now I'm sitting here and being suspected of murder while he is freely on the run.

Did he even think of me once? Did he think of what they'll do to me if he leaves? Did he know that I'll end up in prison because of him?