Next

Thank you so much for reading 🥰
I do hope you enjoyed! Your reads and interactions have meant so much to me. I enjoyed Charles and Amelia's story so much it felt like it wrote itself.

If you liked this one, check out my next story and part two of this series, 'Without a risk' - The first of it is out now, and here's a quick excerpt below.

Xx, Have a lovely day.

Without a Little Risk Excerpt:

I don't even know where to begin.

I should walk away now. But something is keeping my feet planted right where they are.

"You're quieter than I remember," He jokes with me, pushing my shoulder lightly in jest. A light touch that hits me like I've been electrocuted.

My eyes widen and I can't help looking into his. He looks equally surprised.

Did he feel that too?

Or am I just losing my damn mind right now?

We don't say anything.

But we know.

We both know.

Remembering how to speak again, I find myself wanting to spill everything. Maybe it's just the tequila talking. Damn it, this is why I stick with vodka. Something about this moment, about the way he's looking at me tells me it would be okay. I'm bewitched, so I say "Actually, I've been wanting to-"

"There you are!" The frenchman I had completely forgotten about appears, wrapping his arm around me like it's the most natural thing in the world. "Ready?" He asks.

It suddenly feels like a loaded question.

Am I ready?

I don't know.

Because everyone loved Max so much

Because everyone loved Max so much... The first of his story is out now! Small excerpt below, I so hope you enjoy.

The Last Straw:

Our hands meet and it feels as if he's shocked me.

Either this is one hell of a vodka tonic, or I'm losing it.

He smiles at the nickname and my stomach flips. "Already using nicknames?" He's teasing me, flirting and it's working.

I had no idea he was so charming. "Just felt right." My eyes are fully flirting back with his. He's looking into my eyes like he can see all the way deep down into my soul, and like it's something he likes. The eye contact is intense but neither of us break it.

Did I wake up in an actual movie today? I might need to pinch myself.

Shifting the conversation "How does a Canadian come to find themself in Monaco?"

What, is he an accent guru too?

Feeling weirdly comfortable with him for a man I just met, I snort and roll my eyes so hard I nearly pull a muscle. "Don't get me started on that."

"That good, eh?" He chuckles, and the husky sound sets off another round of tingles in my stomach.

His nose is slightly crooked, as if it's been broken once or twice before. And the sexy curve of his lips is...pure temptation. I want to kiss him so badly I can't think straight.

Get ahold of yourself Cat.

"That bad. Hence the drinking alone." I raise my glass and take a long swig.

The burn helps to distract me and I try to at least pretend to be composed but at the moment my mind is swirling to crazy ideas. And I've only just met the man! I bet every woman he buys a drink for feels this way.

"Not so alone anymore," He licks his lips and chill bumps pop up on my legs in reponse.

Holy hell, what is happening to me right now?

"That is true. Drinking alone isn't that good for blowing off steam anyways." I say, hoping he'll stay drinking with me. There's just something about him I can't quite put my finger on.

Max studies me intensely, finishing his glass before he speaks. "I have an idea for that, do you want to get out of here?" He proposes and a flush rises to my cheeks again.

"Are you asking me to sleep with you after less than five minutes of chat?" I raise an eyebrow at his boldness. I mean the man is good looking, but damn that was quick. I must not be playing this off as well as I thought.

He laughs.

He actually laughs.

As if the thought of wanting to sleep with me is just that funny.

Love that for me.

"That's not in the plan at all." He pulls himself together, but his blue orbs are still twinkling in amusement. I mean, ouch. Try not to let that bruise the old ego then. A frown creeps across my face and he realizes his mistake "Not that you're not beautiful. Do you trust me?"

This is so not how I envisioned tonight going, but this whole trip hasn't gone as planned. Not that I had much time to plan.

And I find myself trusting him, after only a few minutes together. I'm absolutely bewitched by him and I don't even know when it happened "Might as well give it a go."

He smiles approvingly and extends me a hand. I need no help hoping off this barstool but I take it anyways, I couldn't stop myself if I tried. And it's not the alcohol either, I didn't even finish my glass.

It's just him.