This Can't Be Happening

Touching back down in America nearly feels like home again

I love the attitude here, the determination and drive.

And Texas is absolutely buzzing. True to location, so many people are wearing boots and cowboys and Daniel for one, is in actual heaven. He road in on a horse as he had done years prior and the press, self included, had a fucking field day.

Not to mention the actual southern accents are so adorable. I love it.

The smell of bbq is wafting into the air as the men take the track to shortly replace it with rubber.

I cross my fingers for my favorite guy in the red car on the track and the lights turn on. One, two, three, four and away they go at lightning speed!

As they pull away, duty calls. I'm heading to the FIA to pull some information out of anyone I can over the protests today. There must be over a hundred protesters here today and so far they've not deemed to say a word. After what happened in Silverstone a few years ago, everyone is feeling the heat.

Heat we all felt having to walk past the protestors into the paddock today. Heat we haven't dealt with anywhere else, but nearly nowhere else in the world is this free to express it.

After the latest offshore oil spill incident in the gulf last month, oil protesters from all over are using this race weekend as place to gather and be heard.

I'm sure they have a handle on it. I just hope Charles does well today. He's been on a winning streak and was kind of disappointed in himself last week even after a podium. His drive is one of the most attractive things about him.

Not that there aren't far too many things that attract me to him.

I'm almost to the press swarm when I hear the loudest noise of my life.

So loud I yank my head towards the track to see if a car crashing just outside the barriers of the pit wall.

I try to, but I'm blown off my feet at the sheer impact of what just occured.

What did just occur?

Ears ringing, I pull myself up on my elbows.

People are running. Screaming.

So much screaming.

My heart is slamming into my chest with every beat.

No.

No.

It's chaos unlike I've ever experienced.

I stumble to my feet, and look behind me for my camera crew.

Camera on the ground.

No crew in sight.

All I see is people running. Stuff everywhere. Smoke.