Chapter 56: Happily Ever After

Years later, Pente's POV

Wedding bells are ringing, birds are chirping, and the waves gently hit the sand on the beach. An arch of flowers and coral from the sea twist together in the sand. Rows of seats are filled with my friends and family, my aunt waiting with my grandmothers for a signal. Everyone was looking their best, especially my dad as the best man along with Jasper. Then, the magical words are said:

"I pronounce you both husbands. You may now-"Father begins

Deccy quickly swoops in to kiss Suave, who as always is hesitant and looking for permission anyway. His face becomes a blushing mess and he wraps all four of his arms around Deccy. Cheers ring out I clap, happy for them. My aunt and grandmothers shower flower petals from above. I see baby Magnus running ahead with a giggle, starting to trip. I have a little sapling grow to catch him and he giggles, hugging it before his father Macabre scoops him up again. His husband Killer looks at me with a nod of thanks. I smile and nod back at him. Classique and Rufous smile, Rufous of course being proud about crafting the wedding rings. My father walks over beside me as my auntie lands.

"That was a nice last act to do officially as king."He sighs

Right. He's stepping down and letting Jasper take over as king. Everything has settled into peace again and whatever needed to be fixed from the war has been handled. Including the handling of those who tried to kill Suave, which my family was quite eager to correct. Jasper seems excited to be in control and maintain the peace, already connecting with the other kingdoms and making a list of things for him to do. He certainly isn't going to be sitting by and let a council decide things for him. So being beside him and watching him rule will certainly be interesting. He has given me his former position as an ambassador between cultures or kingdoms, even though his love for our mixed family could give him enough knowledge regarding that. There's already plans after Jasper's upcoming coronation for me to go across the land and meet with other villages and find anyone in need of help, like the village that Suave and I were taken to and restored. They still visit us and are thankful as well. My uncle already has a name for Jasper's reign. Father's reign was "The Era of Protection and Broken Borders" where he aimed to protect his people as well as loved ones, open to the idea of uniting different cultures instead of being hateful or excluding them. His rule broke down many barriers and serves as an example of a better future. Meanwhile, Jasper's is perceived to be "The Era of Love, Acceptance, and Union" where that better future is taking shape as the barriers are gone and diversity is met with love, acceptance and allowed to unite together.

But before that even begins, before his coronation, we all gathered for Suave's special day with Deccy where they both get wedded.

"Mhm.~ And I'm glad that I made Suave's suit especially for his day. I'm quite proud of the stitching and that may be a good thing with how tight they are holding each other. Maybe I'll start a business of making fashion especially for unique folks like him since it's so rare to find clothes with four sleeves for him."My auntie says

"You can put it beside Suave's school with Encre."Father says

"With the ban on some books lifted it will certainly be interesting to see truths come out in that education. We may even find a few surprises that we didn't know about."She says

"It's a new era of diversity after all instead of propaganda."He says with a smile

Jasper runs over and hugs Suave once he breaks away from his newly-wedded husband.

"I'm going to miss you, Suave! I'm so happy for you!"Jasper cheers in tears

"Jasper, settle down. Don't cry. You're going to be king soon. Just because I'm stepping down from personal advisor or helper to be a teacher doesn't mean I won't be around. I will help you with anything you need, you know that."Suave says