Chapter 49:Sacred and Noble

A week later, Pente's POV

I feel the soft rays of sunlight shine onto my face, slowly waking me up from whatever knocked me out. Something already felt different as I came to my senses. Then I heard voices.

"I can't believe we actually found them! We have been blessed by the stars!"A voice says

"Yea, too bad those douchebags beat us to them."Another says

"But we got them anyway! This is a good sign! Things will turn for the better for us!"The first says

"Plus we did use some chemicals to disguise them."A third states

What? Who are these people?

"I can't wait to welcome them!"The first cheers

"Sssssh! You're waking one of them up!"The other two snap

I start to open my eyes, finding myself on a pillow in a bed with blankets over me. Everything looks blurry. I turn my head and feel pain shoot up from my neck. I feel a hand grip mine and glance to see the blurry face of someone with his eyes hardly open.

"Pente...Take it easy...You're hurt..."He whispers

I recognize the voice. It's Suave.

"I think they're both waking up." One of the other voices say

I sit up slowly and carefully, feeling my body ache. I see four blurry figures staring at us. I recall everything that happened and quickly pull Suave closer to me before they get a chance to hurt him, narrowing my eyes at them.

"Relax, Noble One. We are not here to hurt either of you."One of them say

"Maybe it would help to wear your glasses."Another says, stepping closer

They extend their hand to me, something in it. I reach out, feeling the familiar materials of my glasses. I put them on and everything became clearer. I see the figures each had shades of red scales covering their bones and two of them had horns growing from the sides of their heads. On their backs were dorsal fins. Each of their eyes were mixes of different colors and they all sparkle when staring at Suave and I. They each stood on two feet and as I glanced around, I knew that we were somewhere on the surface instead of underwater. They wore minimal clothing, the ladies wearing a small top with long sleeves that revealed the shoulders as well as a skirt while the men wore a small top that only really covered the chest to show the belly that didn't have sleeves with a small piece of fabric wrapped around the waist to cover their lower body.

I hug Suave closer to me, then realize that we've changed. I look at Suave to see a human with fair skin, dark curly hair that covered half of his face and freckles under his eyes. His round ears twitch and I see his eyes were unchanged, still having a soul in one eye. But he keeps that eye shut now. His body was wrapped in bandages from his shoulders to his waist, including one of his extra arms that was bandaged to the elbow since it had been sliced off. He was already reaching for his glasses as well.

I find that I was turned human as well, having my bones covered with dark skin with black hair resting on my shoulders. I feel bandages from my neck down my chest to my hips. I had torn up remains of my clothes while Suave only had his glasses as he put it back on, the blankets hiding his body.

I glance at the strangers surrounding the bed again.

"Who are you? What do you want from us?"I ask, holding Suave protectively

He already got hurt enough, I won't let him go through more.

"So the legends are true..."One says

"He fits the stories..."Another mutters