Chapter 29: Those Who Love

Encre's POV a few weeks later

I have been back home again living with my friend Deccy with my mother living nearby. Everything has been going well. And it kinda feels nice to not have the secret hanging over me with my friends. Fallacy has been trying to learn about Narwi culture and trying to get to know me like I did with him and others with vampire culture. The past few weeks have been spent with a routine of work, catching up with my mother and bonding with her, getting visits with friends before going to sleep. My scales have gone away but the scars still remain.

I have also been spending time with Azure. He built a house nearby and lives with Rufous. Rufous became the blacksmith here, too.I haven't seen him since he was taken by the Piran when I was eight and three years after my mother got taken. Our bond is just as strong as before. Plus, Poussière has taken a liking to him. They get along very well and I find their interactions adorable.

I feel pretty safe here. Safer than I've felt in years. I actually had a real home and family here, a community I could trust, freedom and a bunch of friends that I don't have to fear that I'm going to lose.And it fills me with even more joy seeing that they all get along.

Azure gets along with all of my friends, especially Deccy, Suave, Poussière, and Classique. Classique, Deccy and Azure like wandering the forests together. He enjoys speaking different languages with Suave, and enjoys trying new things with Poussière.

Suave gets along with just about everyone with any activity. We'll often do late night river swims when nobody is around. Or he'd bake with Deccy, who I've noticed he has a special connection with.

Rufous practically became best buds with Poussière and can be found at his blacksmith place crafting weapons or talking late at night. It's either that or they're scaring off troublemakers or people that they say are bad news from me. They'll often slide in and make these kinds of looks at the person to scare them off.

 They'll often slide in and make these kinds of looks at the person to scare them off

But other than that, Rufous also enjoys hanging out with Classique and Azure. Azure seems to be a bit of an opposite personality type in comparison to him. Azure is a loyal rule follower while Rufous isn't afraid of breaking a few rules to get things done so watching them interact can sometimes be interesting.

Overall, everyone has their connections and get along great. It seems like everything in this new life is settling down.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
But unfortunately my body needed to adjust still and my immune system wasn't exactly used to it yet either. A sickness temporarily passed through the village and seemed to be quick with everyone else. But I got hit hard with it. I stayed inside and didn't really reach out to anyone, not wanting to get them sick either. My mother was sick already a few houses down and Deccy had already gotten sick and remains sick since we live together. Our immune systems are weaker of course since before living here we never got in contact with sicknesses that weren't known or common for Narwiian or Tiswall. After everything my mom went through, I didn't want to risk her more by visiting so the three of us sort of quarantined in our homes. I spent my time painting and sold what I could by leaving artworks on the front porch. The community was nice and understanding, usually leaving G, food, herbs and medicine or even cards on the porch in the place of the paintings. My mother also recieved them. Least to say, the mailbox would get filled with get well soon cards from little kids.