Chapter 25: Free from the past

Macabre's POV weeks later

I sat by the window while Asriel leaves to have another chat with his father. We learned that he has invited Encre and Fallacy as well as others considering Asgore as an enemy. Asriel wanted to set some clear rules down for Asgore so he doesn't trying anything, especially given Encre's last encounters with Asgore. I saw something on a paper flying in the breeze and get caught on the window. It had a picture printed onto it and I recognized them. Their eye-light, their recognizable eye streaks down their cheeks. But it wasn't a missing or wanted poster. It was a page of some news media. And it had him in a confusing position.

WHAT THE HELL IS KILLER DOING WITH THAT GIRL? WHERE IS HE? WHO IS SHE? WHY IS HE THERE? THAT IS NOT WORK OR SOMEONE I RECOGNIZE HIM HANGING OUT WITH! WHY IS HE SO CLOSE TO HER? WHAT HAS HE BEEN DOING? I DON'T WANT HIM IN DANGER BUT I DO NOT WANT H...

WHAT THE HELL IS KILLER DOING WITH THAT GIRL? WHERE IS HE? WHO IS SHE? WHY IS HE THERE? THAT IS NOT WORK OR SOMEONE I RECOGNIZE HIM HANGING OUT WITH! WHY IS HE SO CLOSE TO HER? WHAT HAS HE BEEN DOING? I DON'T WANT HIM IN DANGER BUT I DO NOT WANT HIM DOING CRAZY THINGS LIKE THIS APPEARS TO BE!

I take some deep breaths, trying to calm down. I could feel my soul sink just glancing at the paper on the window again.

Settle down, there has to be a reasonable explanation.

I take the paper inside, trying to read it.

Princess finds new love! Above you will see Princess Natalie with a new boy. They had a lovely night resting in bed together according to her, though we caught the boy of guard when she let us in. He seemed to just be waking up and be a.....strange skeleton certainly. Our sources say his name is Killer and that he was her guest, but it's clear that she's gotten close to him. And knowing her highness, she will try to make him her 3rd affair or boyfriend and future king of our kingdom! We spoke to Killer's father and he claims that is the plan and that his son is just fine with it....

Liar.

The three plan to go to the royal party Asgore is holding next week and according to Killer's father and Natalie, they will return with a wedding. No comment from Killer, we were unable to interview him without getting a dagger to the face.

That sounds like Killer. Wait....So this was published a week ago since the party is tomorrow. Wait! Killer is coming right toward the trap! Except instead of towards the pirates, it's to Asgore! Is he out of his mind? I need to get to him first!

I went to sleep and woke up to find my wrists chained and cuffed underneath my sleeves. I was taken to a large ballroom and it quickly got filled with people or guests. I could see or feel eyes lingering on me as I strolled around with a slight limp in my step due to chains at my ankles that were also hidden.