Chapter 26:A New Start

NO POV

Everything was going great and the world was finally at peace. But some disagreed and didn't like the change. Someone, somewhere, used a new power. REWRITE. The stranger looks at a picture of Encre and Fallacy.

"I lost everything because of THEM. Now they won't even be able to meet after this. Or get along once I'm done."He says, then clicked the rewrite button

The world started spinning and became a blur. When it finally settles, a new story begins. Or at least a new chapter starts.

Encre's POV

I put on a smile as I leave my coral reef that I know as home, wanting to get away from everyone and everything there for a bit. I swam the most I could to explore beyond the coral reefs in the open ocean. This was quite normal but today changed when I saw someone sinking underwater. They looked so strange and different. So unique and interesting. Their tail fin was split in half to create two, their black skull emitted little blobs of ink like a squid, and they had a heart shaped hole on their face. They must hide their gills very well cause I didn't see any. I swam closer curiously.

"Woah! You look cool! I like your heart hole! Where did you come from?"I say

They don't answer me. I look up at their tail fins split wiggling in the water.

"Are your tail fins okay?"I ask

He quickly swam off, looking alarmed.

"Awww, I spooked them. Didn't even get a name..."I say

I look up at the open waters above. That's where he came from. The waters that no merfolk have gone or come back from. That only got me even more curious. Is there a place beyond those waters?

I hear another splash and see another stranger sinking down but this one was bleeding out in the head with an arrow piercing his skull. I quickly swim over and examine his condition. I glance around and don't see anyone nearby. I quickly grab him and zip away to my secret hangout spot-an underwater cave that has air pockets and shallows out to a surface area within it. He doesn't seem to have gills so I brought him there so he doesn't drown. I open his clothes to make sure that there aren't any other wounds, setting aside my curiosity and amazement at how different he was from anyone I've seen before. I grab some fabrics that I found sinking from up above on a daily basis-a hobby of mine-and use them to bandage him up. I pulled the arrow out of course and heal him up the best I could. I know he can't stay here though. I have to return him to where he came from. I grab him and swim out, going where no other merfolk has gone.

The water brightened up from the sun light shining in and before I knew it, my head was above water. I reached the water surface. I look around and see water in all directions. But in the distance I saw a beautiful land that looked big and endless on the horizon. I swim over to the shore and set him down on the sand. I wait around to make sure that he's okay and also because I want answers. I glance around curiously and was in awe at the new environment. Certainly appears much more welcoming than back home.