Chapter 27

Jamie,

"Hey stinker I missed you so much." her aunt cooed as we exited the airport, they embraced each other. Trinity's eyes got glossy as she smiled hugging her aunt tighter than before.

"I missed you so much more." Trinity's voice cracked, she had no intentions on letting her aunt go.

I put our suitcases in the trunk of the car, the trunk was already open. I closed it once I was done, "Tt this is my boyfriend, Eric. Eric this is my aunt Jackie." She said introducing me.

"It's finally nice to meet you." I said hugging her Aunt.

"Likewise, I love your music." She said returning the hug. "If anything goes wrong tonight, I want to apologize in advance." She explained, I chuckled.

"It's good."

"You guys wanna stop at the hotel first before we go to your mother's house?" She asked Trinity, Trinity shook her head.

"We're already late, besides I just wanna get tonight over with." Trinity replied, I wiped the tears from her face before opening the door for her. Once she got in, I jogged around the other side opening the door for her aunt, once she was in, I hopped in the backseat and her aunt pulled off.

They laughed and caught up while I chilled and looked out the window, Wilmington actually looked good. Trinity grew up in Charlotte, which was probably an hour or 2 away.

After about 25 minutes of driving, we pulled into a long driveway of a big white mansion. A huge fountain sat outside the huge lawn, the lawn was freshly cut, it looked amazing. I got out the car and opened car door for her aunt, and then for Trinity.

"I hope things just go well." Trinity mumbled, I kissed her temple grabbing her hand intertwining our fingers as we followed her aunt down the long path onto the porch, she rang the doorbell.

A few seconds later, a darkskin woman answered the door. She resembled Trinity very well, Trinity was just caramel, and she was chocolate.

"Jackie, long time no see." The lady said.

"You too Janetta." Her aunt spoke in a cool, non-phased manner. She let her in, her mom smiled at her and held her arms out for trinity.

"My baby." her mother cooed as Trinity hugged her.

"Hey Ma." Trinity said kissing her cheek, "Mom this is Eric, my boyfriend."

"Hey." I said waving at her, I ain't wanna hug her. Some evil shit might rub off on me, and I like being nice. Trinity let me touch her when I'm nice.

"Don't just stand there come hug me." Her mother said

"Ma where's Todd and Tyree?" She asked referring to her brothers as we entered the house.

"Tyree's in prison, and Todd is God knows where." She sighed as she closed the door. "Dinner's ready, we didn't touch nothing we were waiting until you came." I followed Trinity and her mom through the large living room full of white furniture, amazing paintings, a large fish tank, an 86 inch flatscreen.

They was living large to be broke, we entered into the dining room where all the food was laid out on the table. A dark skinned bald guy sat at the head of the table. "Hey Trinity." he said

"Sup Zach." Trinity replied dryly, and that must be her step-pops. I pulled a seat out for Trinity, pushing her seat up as soon as she sat down doing the same for her aunt.

I took my seat next to Trinity, after her mother prayed over the food we all dig in. Everything was cool, and silent thank god. I think silence is the key in this situation ion wanna have to kick off in an ass tonight.