Chapter 22

Trinity and Jamie in the media

Chris,

"Beyoncé I just gotta make sure things are good." I mumbled as I pulled into my Chevy lot. I parked in my parking space.

"Da da I go in?" Zahir asked, I nodded.

"I'll get him babe." bey said getting out the car, I got out also. She had gotten Zahir out the backseat.

"Put him down baby girl he can walk." I said, she nodded putting him down. I led them to the entrance opening the door letting them both in first, I walked in behind them.

Jerry, the guy I put in charge of the place said that there was a problem and he needed me to come and check things out. I was sorta nervous and scared but everything looks fine, I thought we got robbed. I wrapped an arm around bey's waist, we followed Zahir back toward Jerry's office. I opened the door and Zahir walked in first and then bey, I followed them.

"Jerry I get the toy?" Zahir asked

"Of course lil man." Jerry replied giving him the toy car sitting on his desk. "This is Clinton Brown." Jerry said pointing to the guy in the seat across from him.

I smiled shaking his hand as he stood up, "I'm Christopher, is there a problem?" I asked

"He wouldn't tell me what the problem was, he demanded to talk to you. He said if he didn't he would raise hell." Jerry replied

"Sir what is there you need help with?" I asked him.

"You don't know your father when you see him boy?" He asked smiling, my smile sorta faded.

"Jerry step out please." bey said

"Yes ma'am." Jerry replied

"I go with Jerry?" Zahir asked

"Yea baby go ahead." Bey said, Jerry picked Zahir up before walking out. Bey closed the door back.

"It's good to see you son." He said opening his arms.

"You ain't got no right to call me son." I said shaking my head, I felt my eyes burn and I was trying my hardest not to cry.

"Babe don't cry." She mumbled stepping in front of me, she wiped my tears as they fell. "I don't like seeing you cry."

I sniffled, "I'm sorry baby girl." She stood on her tippy toes placing a gentle kiss on my cheek.

"Don't come around now man, where the hell were you 28 years ago?"

"I was looking for your mother, I wanna make things right." He said

"Too late." I said. "Mama died 3 years ago."

"She what?"

"Nigga don't act like you care, I don't even know why the fuck I'm talkin' to you. For real man, don't come around now, don't make an effort now it's too late."

"Listen so- I mean Chris just let me explain."

"No, lets go bey." I said opening the office door storming out. I don't what gave him the right to think he could attempt to talk to me. My first time seeing the nigga ever. I pushed the door open walking over to the car getting in on the driver's side, I let out a deep sigh to keep myself from shedding another tear.

After a few seconds bey had came back with Zahir, she put him in the backseat before getting in the car, I started the car and pulled off as fast as I fucking could.

"Chris baby please don't speed, I dun seen too many movies for you to be speeding like it's safe." Bey said, I did as she asked slowing down. "You wanna talk to me?" She asked, I didn't bother to talk. I didn't wanna talk, I just wanted to think.