Chapter 23

Beyoncé,

"It's fine babe just chill." I said as I continued to massage Chris' back, I looked down at him. He had a half smile on his face.

"You know through all the bullshit you seem to still make me smile without even trying." He mumbled, I blushed shaking my head.

I had been massaging his back for about an hour now, and my hands were starting to hurt. Today was my baby's 29th birthday, he told me he ain't wanna do anything special but me being me I still had something planned.

He needed to get his mind off of what happened a few days ago with his father, he's just been off lately and he's also been trying to play it off but I know him too well. So I've just been doing everything I could to keep the stress off of him, cooking, cleaning, massaging him, believe it or not he hasn't touched me inappropriately since the incident so I know for a fact it's bothering him.

Tomorrow was the day Jamie would be dropping his single featuring Chris, 'You Changed Me', I decided to perform the remix to Jealous at his birthday party, he don't know that he's performing it with me yet, but he is. I leaned down placing a kiss on his cheek, he was fast asleep. I got up off of him, I pulled the blanket over him and left out our room.

I walked down the hall, peeping my head into Zahir's room seeing him sound asleep also. I walked back down the hall, and down the steps pulling my phone out, I dialed Trinity's number putting the phone up to my ear. After a few rings she answered, "Hey boo." She said

"Everything is ready?" I asked her, taking a seat on the couch.

"Yes, and I sent invitations to everyone you told me to send one to, I got that done the day before yesterday. You already booked the venue, I called them to make sure they were ready for tonight which they are, I talked to their DJ and emailed him a list of songs and told him that you and Chris would be performing tonight. The cake should be ready by 5:30, Eric will pick that up and take it to the venue, there will be all types of drinks not just alcohol since I know Chris doesn't drink, and I hired security so no one is getting in if they aren't on the list."

"Thank you so much Trinity." I said sighing

"No problem, so I'll see you tonight at 10:30."

"Alright boo, bye." I said before hanging the phone up, I dialed my mom's number putting the phone up to my ear, she answered on the first ring.

"Hey baby girl."

"Mom you're still able to keep Zahir, right?" I asked

"Yes, when you drop Zahir off I have a gift for Chris so bring him too." She said

"I will."

"Is everything alright? You know usually when me and him go shopping, he's always goofy and keeps me laughing, but yesterday when we went it was like he wasn't himself."

"Things has been kinda stressful, just give him time mom." I replied

"You know if you cheated on him again I'm going to come hang you by your feet and beat your ass." she threatened, I laughed.

"Mom I will never make that mistake again, I learned my lesson."

"If you not listenin' and you giving him a hard time imma come beat your ass."

"I actually been listening mom."

"Well what's wrong with my son in-law?" She asked

"He just ain't in the best mood, he'll be back to goofy Chris shortly Ma, I promise."

"Mhm, I'll see you when you drop Zahir off."

"Alright mommy bye." I hung the phone up sitting it next to me on the couch.