Chapter 24

Trinity,

After I stitched Bey up, I cleaned around her wound with alcohol. I pulled my gloves off, tossing them in the trash. She was almost gone, if I wouldn't have did what I did back at the venue, she'd be dead. It was so late, yet I was no where near tired.

Bey's eyes fluttered open, "I'm alive, right?" she mumbled smiling, I giggled nodding my head.

"You're alright Bey, come on I know you're ready to go." She gently touched her stitches.

"It doesn't hurt." She mumbled

"I numbed it, it shouldn't hurt anymore for the rest of the night if it does you have my number." I said as she got up from the bed, I picked up her clipboard signing off on it as we both exited the room.

"Baby." Chris instantly got up from the ground embracing her.

"I'm tired." Eric mumbled not bothering to get up from the floor.

"Come on Eric get up." I said, he looked up at me. He instantly got up stretching.

"Y'all engaged?" Chris asked looking down at my ring.

"No, it's a promise ring." I replied as Eric wrapped an arm around my waist. Bey grabbed my hand looking at the ring.

"Big shiny ass promise ring." She said making me laugh.

"Beyoncé if you don't button this shirt up." Chris said turning her back around facing him, and he began buttoning her shirt.

"Let's go there go Helen creepy ass." Eric whispered loudly, he stood behind me trying to hide. I smiled shaking my head, Helen been trying to avoid me since the little office incident which is probably what's best for her. So when she walked by, she kept her head down avoiding any type of eye contact.

"We gone head home, I know tomorrow gone be a crazy ass day." Chris said.

Once me and Eric got to his house, he fell asleep the minute we laid down. I wasn't tired, more terrified. Knowing Byron hasn't gave up yet is scary, and I'm scared that I'll lose Eric at any moment. I sat up leaning my back up against the headboard. I grabbed the remote turning the TV on, not to watch it just to have some type of light going on.

"Why you not sleep?" Eric mumbled

"Not tired." I replied, he sat up on his elbow looking over at me. I smiled, "What?"

"What's wrong?"

"Not-"

"Trinity." He said sternly

"I'm just scared babe."

"I mean I can check to see if it's monsters in the closet or under the bed but I'm pretty sure ain't no-"

"Eric I'm 31 years old, I am not scared of monsters."

"Wassup then?" He asked, he grabbed my hand kissing the back of it gently. He scooted in closer to me.

"I don't want anything to happen to you, I don't wanna lose you." I sighed, he chuckled sitting up putting his back against the headboard.

"You ain't losing me, get that thought out of your head."

"It's just that with Byron being so c-"

"Don't worry about him." He replied with a smile.

"But-" he pecked my lips.

"Don't."

"It's just that-" he pecked my lips once again.

"Shhh."