Chapter 6

Chris,

"I don't wanna talk about it Chris." Bey mumbled not bothering to budge. She still had her face buried in the crook of my neck.

"Alright." I replied

"Remember when Mama j said not to let anything come between us? Right before she died..." She mumbled

"Yea I remember."

"I feel like I let the world come between us." She spoke softly, she was holding onto me like she never wanted to let me go. I know Zahir would be up at any moment, and I was using the little time we did have with each other to figure out what Ken did.

"Can I tell you a secret?" I asked, she slightly nodded.

"The week after you cheated you could've been had me back, you could have me back whenever you want me." I said, she lifted her head looking at me.

"Da da?" Zahir said opening my room door.

"Hey son." I said

"Mommy you stay here too?" He asked pulling himself on my bed.

"Yea baby, mommy stayed." She replied, we separated and he laid in the middle of us.

"Me and mommy stay here forever." He said

"No baby, mommy has to go in a few."

"Alone? Mommy you gonna cry again?" He asked, his voice cracked. I raised an eyebrow sitting up on my elbow looking at him. He was looking at bey and tears were forming in his eyes. I looked at bey and she looked at him trying her hardest not to cry. Would anyone like to tell me what the hell is going on?

"No baby, I'm not gonna cry." She said smiling at him.

"Da da make her stay." he said looking at me, I wiped his tears from his face.

"I am son, just for another night."

"Chris I c-"

"I'm not asking you, I'm telling you." I said, she sighed.

"One more night and then I'm going home."

>>>

"You wanna tell me wassup? I mumbled to bey we were watching Zahir play with his race cars in the living room.

"It's nothing." She replied

"What do you mean? You come here crying asking me to keep Zahir for a couple weeks is something. What did he do to you."

"Can you shut up talking to me?" She said sternly as she looked at me.

"No." I replied. "I just don't understand why you don't talk to me, and tell me what's wrong so that I can help."

"I don't need help, stop asking questions, you have no right to question me."

"I do, and if you don't tell me imma find out."

"Chris please stop talking to me." She said, I grabbed her waist sliding her onto my lap so that she was straddling my lap.

"Can you talk to me?" I asked, she looked down at me for a few seconds.

"There's nothing wrong." She replied

"And you're lying to me."

"I can't stay here another night." She said about to get up, but I grabbed her waist not allowing her to move. "I don't wanna talk, please stop trying to make me." She mumbled as she laid her head on my chest wrapping her arms around my torso.

There was a knock at the front door, I sat bey next to me before getting up walking over to the front door opening it revealing Ken. "Wassup man."

"Is bey here?"

"Yea, why?"

"Tell her to come out here."

"No, she'll talk to you when she gets home." I replied

"Look man-"

"Don't say nothing you gone regret." I replied, he only clenched his jaw letting out a deep sigh staring at me coldly. "Bye." I said closing the door, locking it.

"Da da, mommy hit Ken with a lamp." Zahir said rolling his car on the table.

"She what son?" I asked

"Nothing." Bey replied, Zahir looked back at her and she shook her head. He looked back down at his car and continued to roll it around the table.

"Bey..."

"It's nothing, ease don't start." She replied

"I can't help you if you don't wanna be helped. Done trying." I mumbled sitting on the floor next to Zahir.

"I like this car, it go fast."

~~~~~