𝟎𝟎𝟗. 𝐁𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞. ⋆*.⋆

[ BITTER-AFTERTASTE, 009 ]

Todoroki Touya was pronounced dead after the day Sekoto-Hill's forest fire incident. Once Enji heard the news about the Sekoto-Hill's circumstance he immediately made his way to the location as fast as possible. He felt his heart got torned when he only saw the girl got to safety despite her disheveled and unconscious state.

He yelled at everyone on sight, the firemans, policemen, reporters and the confused concerned citizens, questioning them angrily where is the boy with white hair and cerulean eyes but they only kept their mouth shut and continue with what they're doing.

Aware that there's still a kid on the forest but fear of burning themselves clouded their minds, one of the firemans shook his head with an evident dejected look on his face.

The fire still hasn't been put out, all of the people surrounding the forest could still feel the heat from where they are standing.

"—Excuse me, Endeavor-san?" Enji turned his head to confront the voice behind him, "Are you this child's guardian?"

The police who lifted Yoimiya just a few minutes ago spoke to Enji with his usual professional stern voice. Enji's eyes lingered to the girl's resting form just behind the police's back in disdain. Guilt eating him up for not being able to attend their meeting plan with him. He knew he was the reason behind the fire that it makes him want to puke in disgust for himself.

Nodding shortly, "Yes. How is her condition..?" Enji said in a low tone, eyes downcast as he clenched his right hand into a fist. He wondered what would've happened if he were with them when the fire engulfed the forest, they would be safe and sound right now, grinning and jumping around.

"The nurse attending her said that she have overworked her healing quirk and that she had been exposed to the air pollution from the smoke for quite a long time. Expecting her to wake up after a couple of days is guaranteed." He said, reading a paper that the nurse had given him after the short examination.