41

2 days later

the gang all leave for boston tomorrow.

everyone had packed up their belongings and was ready to fly home.

it was 9 o'clock at night and everyone was gathered in the triplets room. they were all sat across the room, on the beds and the floor, watching dance mums.

they'd between 3 different states. watching in silence, concentrating on what was going on. yelling at abby and the mums and how shit they are. and then just completely disregarding the tv and talking about anything of their choice.

max and nick were sat on nicks bed, just the two of them. they were absolutely dreading the next morning. everyone in the room was sad to say goodbye to max, but nick didn't think he could do it.

they sat next to each other, watching the tv quietly. they held the others hand tightly, each of them taking turns at rubbing circles on the inside of the others palm.

max leant his head on nicks shoulder and watched their hands as nick ran his thumb of his knuckles. nick leant on maxs head and sighed, also looking down at their intertwined hands.

the others all saw the two and decided to let them have their moment, so they kept watching the show quietly, making the odd comment here and there.

"i don't want you to go." max whispers.

nick could feel his heart crack a little at the boys broken voice.

"i don't want to go either." nick chuckles sadly.

"i can't lose you again." max quivers out, a small tear falling from his eye.

"hey, look at me." nick sits up and cups maxs face with his hands. max moved to sit up aswell and looks nick right in the eyes. "you're not gonna lose me. i will never let that happen."

max nodded slowly and more tears fell silently. nick kissed him softly, sealing the promise he'd just made. he was going to keep it. whether they were thousands of miles away, or just one room away, they were never gonna lose each other again.

max pulled away from the kiss and smiled as he wiped away his tears.

"thank you." max whispers.

"you're welcome, my love." nick whispers back. maxs face flushes a deep red at the pet name.

"hey, what do you guys want for dinner? i'm starving." chris says from the floor.

"how about, cause it's the last night here, we get room service?!" vincent exclaims.

"i am so down for that." kennedy says suddenly really excited.

"yessss, that would be such a slay." audrey chuckles. matt rolls his eyes at her statement.

the group find the menu, eventually, and start to think about what they'd like to eat. once they've all ordered, they pull out arts speaker and start to play some music.

the group talk, sing and dance as the songs play through rotation.

"hold up- i got a BANGER song to play." chris says picking up the phone that was connected to the speaker.

"it's probably party in the USA by miles cyrus." nick scoffs.

chris looks up at nick rolling his eyes, but you can here the sound of the back space key on the speaker.

"no, trust me. it's good." chris says, typing again.

"you sure about that sweetheart?" art says jokingly. chris glares at art jokingly. after a couple seconds of silence, the song starts to play.

the tune is familiar to the whole group, SZA being one of their favourite artists to listen to as a group.

"ok i take it back. this song is so good." art says starting to move to the music

id touch that fire for you
id do that three, four times again, id testify for you

"this song is so good." audrey says.

she looks up and meets eyes with matt. she smiles softly at him. he smiles back gently, a soft blush on his cheeks. she walks towards him slowly before grabbing his hands gently and she starts to sway to the music slowly. their hands stay connected as they start to move closer to each other. they're now only about an inch away from each other. matt looks into audrey's eyes as he lifts her arm above her head, making her spin slowly. she looks up at their connected hands as she spins. she can't help but let out a content sigh.

when she stops spinning she falls into his chest, her hands resting gently on his chest. her eyes widen at the sudden contact. she starts to move away but is stoped by a hand on her waist. she looks down at it for a second before looking back up at matt.

i can't lose, when i'm with you
how can i snooze and miss the moment?
you just too important
nobody do body like you

nick and max watch the two from a distance, a smirk on both their faces.

"they're made for each other." nick says.

"they so are." max agrees. he looks over at nick and admires him for a moment, nick still watching matt and audrey.

max grabs nicks hand before lifting it up so it's resting around the back of maxs neck. nick looks at max confused. max then places nicks other hand around the other side of his neck, making nicks two hands meet. nick smiles slightly as he realises what max is doing.

max then puts his hands around nicks waist. he starts to slowly sway as the music plays on. he leans forward so his forehead is resting on the top of nicks forehead. they look into each others eyes as they sway gently to the music, their heads resting against each other lovingly.

i can't lose, when i'm with you
how can i snooze and miss the moment?
you just too important
nobody do body like you

art, kennedy and vinny are all dancing off on their own to notice the two pairs having a moment of their own. but chris sees them in the corner of his eye. he looks over at them and can't help but smile at the sight. both his brothers are happy, happy with the people they were made to be happy with.

omg i loved writing this chapter so much🥹🥹
I HOPE YALL ENJOYED IT!!

i wanna take a moment and seriously thank you guys-
this fan fic is (if my calculations are correct🤨🤨) the SECOND most read nick fanfic ON WATTPAD?!?! that is ridiculous- and i couldn't do it without your guys support, it seriously means so much <333

the story will sadly be over in a few chapters😔😔
but i'm so excited to finish writing max and nicks story- it's been so much fun to write and i'm so glad that i started this fic :,)