36

the two boys walked back into the hotel lobby, hand in hand and big smiles on their faces. they'd both had so much fun walking around the city, talking about old memories, telling jokes. just having a great time together.

they stood still facing each other in the empty lobby, holding the others hands by their finger tips.

"i had a lot of fun tonight." max smiles down at his feet.

"i did too." nick replies, a small smile on his face. max looks up at nick, returning the smile.

they both inch closer to each other once again. they've been craving it since they left the restaurant.

max cups the side of nicks face and nick wraps his arms around maxs waist as they slowly kiss each other.

nick pulls away, smiling like crazy.

"you know we go home this time next week." nick says sadly.

"hey, let's not think about the future. let's think about right now. enjoy the moment." max says running his thumb over nicks cheekbone comfortingly.

"that's rich coming from you." nick chuckles. maxs face drops comedically before rolling his eyes. he leans back in to kiss nick one last time for the night.

the two slowly pull away from each other, not wanting to leave.

"i have to go now." max whispers. the two only a few inches away from each other, their noses almost brushing. nick looked max in the eye and nodded sadly.

max pulled nick into a hug suddenly, taking nick by surprise. but he didn't waste a second to hug him back.

"bye max." nick says pulling out of the hug.

"bye nick." max says. as max starts to walk away, nick watches him leave. the warm touch of max still on his skin. max looks back,
smiling at nick once more before walking out the lobby and into the night.

nick looked down at his feet with a smile on his lips. he giggled giddily before making his way over to the elevator to head upstairs.

he knew his brothers were gonna be asking questions. he knew his friends were gonna be asking questions. but he made a promise to himself. he was gonna focus more on hanging out with his friends for the rest of the trip. so that's what he was gonna do.

as he made his was to his hotel door, he took a deep breath in before unlocking it and walking inside.

"nick!" chris and matt both said in unison, instantly jumping up from their beds and walking over to their brother.

"hey." he say's sheepishly, the smile not leaving his face.

"how's it go? did you have fun?"

"did anything interesting happen, if you get what i mean."

"oh my god, i've been in here for three whole seconds and i'm already get questioned." nick chuckles walking past his brothers and sitting down on his bed.

"well. it's not like you just went on a date or anything." chris points out. nick simply laughs in response.

"well cmon, give us the details. where'd you go? what'd you do."

"well, we went to a restaurant. which was very interesting but the food was delicious." nick starts off. "and then suddenly max was playing piano for the whole place." nick looks at chris and sees his facial expression's change. his face drops slightly but not much. something only nick, his brother, would be able to tell.

nick remembered max saying how if matt found out about them being childhood friends, it would hurt matt. so he decided to leave that up to max.

"what song did he play?" matt asks excited.

"your song, by elton john." nick says with a smile.

"i don't know if i've heard that one." matt replies.

"well it's good. elton john in general is good. he's not really your kinda music taste, but you should give him a try." nick says to his brother.

"then what'd you do?" chris asks.

"then we went for a walk around the city, just chatting and stuff, and then we came back here." nick smiles when he thinks of the lobby.

"did you guys, ya know..." matt hesitates.

"kiss. did you guys kiss?" chris finishes for matt.

nick simply looks down at his fingers which were fiddling with each other.

"shut up."

"YOU DID DIDNT YOU?!"

"ok fine- yes we did."

matt and chris look at each other before jumping around the room crazily. they were obviously over doing it. but nick found it pretty funny.

"ok, calm down. for gods sake." nick chuckles. matt and chris calm down and sit on nicks bed facing him.

"well... is he a good kisser?" chris asks jokingly.

nicks face flushes at the question.

"you don't have to answer if you don't want to." matt says comfortingly.

"oh it's ok. i really wanna talk about it, i just didn't think i'd be talking about it to you guys this soon." nick says with a smile.

"what do you mean?" chris chuckles.

"well i mean, you guys were always talking to someone, or going out with someone. and i was obviously happy for you. but i felt kinda shit about myself that i had no one. but now that i do, i guess i'm just not used to it." nick says to his brothers. both have understanding looks on their faces.

they both stand up and walk over next to nick wrap their arms around him. nick melts into the hug, a soft smile on his face.

"how about we leave all the details and stuff for tonight, get some rest and then discuss in the morning?" matt says pulling out of the hug, chris doing the same.

"and then you can talk about it with everyone." chris says with a smile.

"sure, yeah ok. i'll just text max and ask if it's ok that i tell everyone." nick says.

"yeah, good idea." chris replies, ruffling nicks hair.

matt and chris made their way to their beds, turning off the lights as they went.

"night guys." matt says.

"night." nick and chris reply in unison.

nick went to bed with a small smile on his face. and while he thought of max and what had happened tonight. all he found himself thinking was how much he loved his brothers.

HEYY EVERYONE!
sorry about the late updates, i've been really distracted from writing. but i'm back.

TOUR STARTED TODAY!!
i'm so proud of the boys, and i'm so excited for what lies ahead for them. but i must admit, seeing all these people meet them is so hard for me😭😭
but obviously i'm so excited for everyone who's going.

cheeky little self promo here- i have started up an edit account which is mainly for the triplets but i do other fandoms and stuff as well. the @ is ekgsturniolo so if you'd like to check it out that would be so appreciated <333