8

it's midday and the group are gathering their things to go to the beach. the weather could not have been better. the sun was high in the sky and there was not a cloud in sight. it was rather hot as well which they were pretty stocked about.

nick is rather quiet as he gathers his things. all he can think about it how nervous he is to hang out with max. although he denies liking him, he knows he's gotta some kinda crush going on.

he's never been in a relationship, he's never done anything of the sought. he's had a few talking stages but they never went anywhere and only lasted a week or two. he feels rather shitty about it.

his brothers always seemed to be talking to someone or interested in someone who apparently liked them back. they'd always come to him for advice, even though he doesn't think he's that good when it comes to girls. for obvious reasons. but they would always burst through his door with their phone to ask him how to win over this girl they're into. or how to resolve some argument their in with the girl. but he was never able to go to his brothers about someone he was talking in. because there never was anyone.

and it's not like no one's gay- nick meets gay people everyday, most of which he finds attractive. he likes to think his flirting game isn't to bad. he may come off a little weak sometimes but he's been working on it. and he's quite proud of how far he's come. yet no matter how hard he does or doesn't try, it never works.

the last guy he was talking to turned out to not even be gay. he was just using nick for the clout. it was an online relationship, as in they both lived in boston but hadn't met before. nick really liked him. that was until he found out he was a queer-baiter.

that one probably hurt the most. it hurt the most not only because nick liked him the most but it hurt because i made nick think that his only worth was his followers and the money he made. that no one would love him for what he was worth and who he truly was.

but that was around a year ago. nicks been working on his self worth and his mental health. he's a lot better now then he was a year ago.

since the clout chaser, nicks been avoiding relationships. but he's also just kinda lost interest in them. he obviously would be in one if the opportunity did arise. but he doesn't seek after them anymore, atleast like he used to.

but since he's met max, that's all he can think about.

"you right nick?" chris snaps nick out of his own thoughts. he looks up at his brother with a small smile.

"yeah i'm fine. why?"

"you just seem kinda down that's all." chris shrugs

nick looks back down at his beach bag and starts to put all his things in the bag. "i'm fine, don't worry about it."

"cmon nick, cheer up. you're about to go hang out with max, it's gonna be awesome yeah?" matt wraps an arm around his brothers shoulders to encourage him to perk up. nick looks over at his brother and a small smile forms on his lips.

"thanks matt." nick says with a smile. matt and chris look at each other not certain that that worked but they move on like nick wants.

the group all meet out in the hallway as they get ready to leave.

"so what's happening with max? where are we meeting him?" vincent asks.

"he's gonna meet us in the lobby in 5 minutes and then we'll take him with us in the van." nick says quite eagerly. he's perked up from the mellow state he was in earlier to chris and matt's relief.