23

max and chris walked into the cool hotel room to see nick and matt sitting on nicks bed watching something on tv. they were cuddled into each other which caught max by surprise, however, chris didn't even bat an eye.

"hello." matt says to chris. matt looked over at max and then slightly down at nick. nick was looking at max, a slight blush on his cheeks. he didn't know why he was blushing, max hadn't done anything. he just assumed it was the presence of the red head, that made him feel a little silly though.

"hey guys." max says cheerfully. nick noticed his very happy mood and didn't know how to feel about it. he pushed it out of his mind, he'd done enough over thinking today already. and it was hardly 8:30 in the morning.

"i'm surprised you guys are even up," chris says with a chuckle. "it's early for you two. especially you nick." he sits down on his bed and slide his birkenstocks off beside his bed.

nick stayed quiet for a moment, not knowing how to respond. he obviously was awake cause the two boys had woken him up when they left. and he was still awake cause he was overthinking so much. but he didn't wanna tell chris and max that, obviously.

"i'm just as shocked as you." nick replies. max laughs at the joke which fills nicks stomach with butterflies.

matt looks over at chris but he's already looking over at him. matt furrows his eyebrows as chris strains his eyes at him.

what? matt says with his eyes

i need to talk to you. chris replies widening his eyes.

about what? matt squints in question.

chris just simply looks over at max and nick. nick is still sitting next to matt and max is sitting at the end of their bed. matt tilts his head in confusion, what could he possibly be wanting to talk about?

chris then stands up abruptly again. matt watches him as he heads towards the door.

"where are you going?" nick asks.

"i'm going to get coffee, you want one?" chris says to the others. but he keeps his eyes on matt, hinting at him to come along. matt would know that look any day so he stands up quickly to follow chris.

"i'll come with you." matt says uneasily, he has no idea what chris wants to talk to him about.

"can i come?" nick says starting to get up.

"NO!" chris says suddenly. nick looks at him confused, matt wincing at the interaction.

"why not?" nick asks almost offended.

"because, you seem tired. try and get a little more sleep before you really wake up." chris is almost shocked at himself at how good that excuse was. nick doesn't really buy it, but isn't in the mood to fight so he just shrugs before lying back down in his bed.

chris internally sighs before turning to max. "you want anything?"

"just an iced vanilla latte please." max smiles. chris smiles back before putting his shoes on and walking out the room, matt following close behind.

"what the fuck do you want?" matt asks dramatically once the door is shut.

"i wanna talk to you." chris says hitting the down button on the elevator.

"about nick and max?" matt has an uneasy feeling in his stomach because of the conversation him and nick just had.

"yes about nick and max." chris replies.