40

nick and max hopped off the rink and went to go sit with their friends at the table they grabbed when they got there. it was only matt, audrey and chris, the others were still all out skating.

"well hello you two." audrey said with a cheeky smirk.

"hello auds." nick smiles at his friend. "have you guys skated?"

"of course. audrey just wanted some chips and chris wanted a pepsi so we came here to get them." matt says pointing to the canteen which was only a few feet away.

"i see." nick says. the group fall into small conversation, just talking about anything that comes to mind.

max pulls out his phone and opens his messages. he looks at matt sneakily before sending him a message.

max
matt

matt felt his phone vibrate and picked it up from the table. when he saw the message he was confused and looked up at max with a complex look on his face.

matt
u good?

max
can we talk?

matt
oh fuck
have i done something?

max
NO
i promise everythings fine
there's just something that's been on my mind for ages now

matt
okayyyyy
you wanna go somewhere else?

max
if that's ok

matt
ofc :)

matt stands up from the table and starts to walk away, well more like skate since they all still had their skates on.

"where are you going?" chris asks.

"to skate." matt says, not caring to elaborate.

"i'll come with you." max says standing up. max looks down at nick and smiles, nick smiles up at him and mouths 'good luck' to him.

the two skate away from the group and sit down at a bench that's out from the others sight.

"is everything ok?" matt asks straight away, not wasting any time.

max watches out onto the rink, it was full of energy and he lets the silence hang as he watches the people skate past. he takes a deep breath and finally looks over at matt.

"first things first. i don't want you to freak out or get mad at me for not telling you sooner it's just that-"

"you're straight?"

max simply looks at matt is shock. but also not surprised at all.

"no matt- im definitely not straight." max chuckles.

"well then what's wrong?" matt asks also laughing a little.

"i told nick this on our date and it didn't go so well. so i just want you to hear me out, till i'm completely finished speaking." max emphasises.