9

everyone was jumping around in the water having a great time. it wasnt too busy at the beach which they got lucky on, especially with how hot it was. chris, matt and max were tackling each other out the back where the waves were calmer while art, vincent, kennedy and audrey were jumping over already crashed waves. nick however sat on the shore just watching everyone have fun.

"NICK! COME OUT HERE!" chris yelled before being taken under the water by matt.

"NAH, IM GOOD." nick pulls out his phone and scrolls through tiktok while he waits for his friends to come out the water. he doesn't mind sitting and watching, he likes doing that.

suddenly he feels water dripping on his bare ankles. he looks up and sees max standing in front of him. thank god he has sunglasses on because his eyes just popped out of him head. max's hair is wet and dripping down in front of his face, his once dry red hair looking a more dark shade of brown. his bare chest has salt water dripping down and his toned arms frame his body nicely. nick can't help but think max looks hot as fuck.

"you done staring?" max chuckles lightly.

nick clears his throat before he speaks. "what do you want?"

"i want you to come in the water." max says simply. nick rolls his eyes and gets up off the towel he's sitting on. he looks at max with a sad smile.

"i want to..." nick hesitates.

"then why don't you?" max asks cautiously.

nick just simply looks down at himself. he wraps his hand in the hem of his t-shirt, fiddling with the fabric. he looks up at max again with the same sad smile.

max couldn't help but drop his smile at the boy. but he instantly brought it back to make nick feel more comfortable. max put his hand on nicks forearm reassuringly.

"if you don't want to come in that's fine, but i'd love to hang out with you more and get to know you. and the water is really nice." max encourages nick. nick feels his heart melt at the boys kindness. "or we could just sit here on the shore id you'd like. or you could come in and keep your shirt on if that's what you feel comfortable doing-"

"max." nick chuckles slightly at the boy. "thank you. but you don't have to worry about me." nick says sweetly. he swears he sees a small pink tint form
on maxs cheeks.

"so are you coming in?" max still asks. nick just laughs at the boys eagerness. he sighs before speaking.

"fine, i'll come in." a huge smile forms on maxs face, his eyes lighting up. "but only for a little bit." nick points at max sternly to emphasise the point.

"anything's good enough for me."
max shrugs as he waits for nick to get ready. nick stands around awkwardly not really knowing what to do.

"i can turn around if you'd like?" max offers.

"could you? sorry." nick says feeling rather dumb.

"sorry? you have nothing to be sorry about. just lemme know when you're ready to go." and with that max turns around and waits for nick.

"ok i'm ready." nick says. max doesn't turn to face nick but waits for nick to walk beside him. max looks over at nick and keeps his eyes up and smiles at nick. nick feels so safe and comfortable around max, he's so grateful max isn't looking him up and down like most people usually do.

"ok! LETS GO." max grabs nicks hand and starts running for the water. nick is startled by the sudden movement but starts running as well.

matt and chris look back when they hear the sudden commotion and see max and nick running into the water hand in hand. they look at each and share a quick fist bump.