13

chris holds maxs hand the whole way back. chris keeps looking over at max to make sure he's ok, but he can tell that internally he's freaking out. when they're around the corner chris let's go of maxs hand and turns to face him. he puts his hands on either of maxs shoulders. he looks him in the eyes and smiles at him.

"it's gonna be ok. i'm gonna right beside you the whole time. i know it's gonna be awkward and you're gonna try and avoid conversations with him. but i don't want to have him think you're ignoring him and i know you wouldn't want to upset him correct?" chris asks max. max simply nods as he listens. "so to make sure that doesn't happen, i'll be right beside you the whole time. and ill be the reason you two can't sit next to each other or can't talk for some random reason. but i'm not gonna over do it because you still wanna talk to him?"

"chris. i really appreciate it but you don't have to go to all this effort. all i ask is that you're right beside me the whole time. but please don't shoo nick away or get in the way. i wanna work through this on my own. i'll be ok, i promise." max says patting chris' shoulder.

"ok. i can do that, just lemme know if you need anything." chris says before turning around the corner and walking towards the group. max follows behind him.

when he sees nicks face in the distance it all settles in. nick really is the boy from all those years ago. his thoughts are rushing at a million miles per hour. it's really him. he thought he'd want this day to come but he doesn't know if he can face the person that ripped his life apart without even knowing it.

he doesn't blame nick for it. it's not his fault at all. but he wonders if they'd never met all those years ago, how much different his life would be. would he of stayed in boston instead of being forced to go to california? could he have lived with his family?would they have eventually met later in life when they weren't as naive? would they have met at all?

as he gets closer to the group, he can feel his heart rate rising. his breathing speeds up. he feels like his about to explode from an anxiety overload.

he instantly calms down when he feels chris' hand grab his for a moment. chris looks at him and smiles softly at him.

"just take a deep breath in."

max does just that. after he does so, his heart rate drops slightly but still fast enough to the point where he can hear it booming in his ears.

"hey guys." chris says making their presence known once they reach the group. max stands quietly beside him, scared that if he opens his mouth he might throw up.

nick turns to look at chris, but when he sees max beside him, his smile widens. he starts to make his way over to max.

max sees nick coming over and instantly starts to panic.

no, max. it's gonna be ok. you didn't know who he was 5 hours ago so just go back to 5 hours ago. there's no need to stress.

"hey max. looks like you got some stuff." nick smiles looking down at the bags max is holding.

"oh yeah, i got a few.. uh things." max chuckles awkwardly, sweat forming on his forehead.

"you'll have to show me when we get back to the hotel. that is if you want to come back of course." nick says casually but it's obvious nick wants him to come back.

"uhh," max hesitates before answering. no max, if you wanna move past this you gotta face it head on. "sure i'll come back to the hotel." max smiles awkwardly at nick which makes nicks face light up.

"awesome! but let me tell you about the funniest thing that happened at the arcade." max sighs happily as he listens to the boy ramble on about his experience at the arcade, slowly but surely falling for him all over again.

nicolassturniolo

nicolassturniolo since so many of you were asking- meet our new friend @maxsolomon

user new gang member?!?!

user LESSSGOOOOO

user he's kinda cute🤭

maxsolomon hello internet
nicolassturniolo how's it feel- you're famous now
maxsolomon rather odd
christophersturniolo kid really says 'rather odd'🤓
maxsolomon fuck you😘

user bro looks annoying asf

kennedyrough MAXXXXXX
maxsolomon KENNEDYYYYY

audrey.smith i just wanna say it was my idea for him to hang out with us
nicolassturniolo bitch- tf are you on?! it was clearly me
audrey.smith sorry- my bad. didn't know you were a gatekeeper now
nicolassturniolo once a gatekeeper, always a gatekeeper😘💪
user using the same emojis as max... very interesting

user im so excited to see more max content

bit of a shorter one this time but still hoped you enjoyed it
also- THIS STORY IS #5 IN THE NICK STURNIOLO TAG?!?! UM EXCUSE ME. THATS MENTAL
THANK YOU SO MUCH
and thank you for 300 reads as well <333