15

"i'm boreddd." kennedy drags out as she watches the tv. the whole gang was in art and vincent's rooms seeing as theirs was the cleanest. they had been hanging around the hotel all day and had quite literally done nothing.

"me too. we gotta do something." audrey says sitting up straight.

"and what do you suggest?" vincent says looking back at the two girls.

the both look at him with blank faces, sighing when they realise they have no ideas.

"is max free at the moment? i miss my home boy." chris says from an armchair in the corner.

chris and max had gotten super close since the trip to the mall. they had been texting heaps and had gotten to know each other quite well. chris had been a huge support for max with his situation with nick. he was a lot calmer about it now and he had gotten over the anxiety of it all. but now he was more nervous about his current feelings for nick, not so much his past ones.

flashback to the night before

"chris, what's up?" max says through the phone. chris instantly smiles when he hears maxs voice.

"max, im good. what's going on with you?" chris replies eager.

"not much. just been hanging around."

"you been feeling alright about the whole situation?" chris asked max. he was currently sitting outside the hotel on a bench. he'd told everyone he was going on a walk to look at the city so he could get away and call max.

"still a little shocked but i'm definitely doing better than i was yesterday." max laughs.

"do you think you like him? or not ready to confirm that yet?" chris asks cautiously.

"i'm not sure. i definitely think he's attractive-"

"thanks dude."

max simply looks at chris through the screen with the most confused look on his face.

"the fuck are you talking about?" max chuckles confused.

"triplets. we basically have the same face." max instantly starts laughing at his friends absurd comment. "sorry for interrupting, continue." chris says between laughs.

"well, as i was saying-" max says calming down, "i think he's attractive but i don't know if i like him yet. still figuring that out."

"but i mean- you guys were quote on quote "in love" all those years ago. so i mean surely there's something." chris shrugs.

"but the thing is, i don't wanna fall for nick because of something that happened 10 years ago. i want to fall for who he is now. not the 9 year old version of him." max laughs. chris agrees but doesn't say anything, giving max the all clear to continue. "i just wish i remembered who he was when i saw him, it would've been so much easier."

"are you gonna tell him?"

"well eventually. but i'm not sure when."

"don't rush it. if it's important to you i'm sure it's just as important to nick. don't feel like you need to tell him straight away. just take your time." chris smiles.

"has he ever mentioned anything about me? or a boy he used to love when he was younger?" max asks, scared for the answer he's gonna get.

chris thinks for a moment before his eyes widen with realisation.

"oh my god. yes, yes he has." max smiles widely and tells chris to carry on. "we were at a friends house and we were playing truth or dare, basic i know, but anyway. he said truth and the truth was to tell us a secret from your childhood. we were expecting something like he stole a cookie from the cookie jar or some shit. but no, he went on for a solid 15 minutes about how there was this boy that he had met when he was younger. he remembers how close they were to the point where it was as if they were in love. they spent every spare moment with each other and they would hug all the time and would tell each other how much they cared about one another. he basically told us about this 9 year old boy who he used to be in love with. and it's only just clicked that he was talking about you." chris rambles on. he's honestly shocked he didn't connect the dots sooner.

max is shocked at the information he's just received. he doesn't know how to react, he's stunned.

"did he say anything else?" max asks.

"i just remember us asking what his name was he couldn't tell us. because he couldn't remember. i remember that being one of the most painful experiences of my life." chris laughed at the memory. "but i remember when he talked about it, i saw a single tear fall from his eye. i'm pretty sure matt or i asked how often he thinks about this kid and he said everyday."

max didn't know what to feel. he was so happy that nick might still technically be "in love" with him. he didn't know what to think.

"that's- that's pretty cool." that's all he can say.

"that's fucking awesome, that's what that is." chris chuckles.

"oh shit, i gotta go. i'll text you though. and thanks for the information man. that makes a whole lot more hopeful." max says smiling at chris through his phone.

"oh yeah sure. any time dude. cya round." and with that they hang up the phone.

present time

"you miss max? i didn't even know you guys were that close." nick says shocked at chris.

"me and max are tight." chris exclaims as if it's obvious.

"yeah whatever." nick rolls his eyes.

"what- someone jealous i'm friends with max." chris says in a whiny voice to mess with nick.

"fuck you." nick says pointing his middle finger up at him.

"guys- didn't we say we wanted to go to disney?" art says suddenly. everyone looks at him.

"art- it's 3 in the fucking afternoon. we're not going to disneyland." matt says it like it's obvious.

"not today you dumb fuck. we should go tomorrow, or the day after atleast. that'll give us something to do." art suggests.

"max is working tomorrow." nick says causally.

"ok and?"

"we want him to come, obviously." nick scoffs. chris agreeing with a head nod.

"fine. well when isn't he working?"

"i'll text him and ask." nick says pulling out his phone.

"i think that's a good idea, going to disney." kennedy agrees with arthur.

"yeah me too. i havent been in ages." audrey says.

"you've been before?" vincent asks shocked.

"yeah, i went when i was younger but i haven't been since then."

"max says he's free monday. we can go then?" nick speaks up.

"yeah sure, that's fine. you guys cool with that?" art asks the rest of the group.

everyone agrees and decides that mondays gonna be it. they're going to disney on monday.

and max is coming.

ayoooo
hope you guys enjoyed this one- im so excited about max and chris' friendship. don't worry it won't over power nick and max. it's just a sweet friendship i promise. and nick and chris aren't gonna be "fighting" over him either.

please vote and comment if you can- it'd be really appreciated :)