37

nick woke up to the sound of the tv going quietly. the sound he'd grown quite fond of hearing when he first wakes up. he sat up slowly, letting his eyes adjust to the room. the curtain was pull back slightly so the only light source in the room being the sun from outside.

"morning." chris says cheerfully, walking out from the bathroom.

"hey." nick says sluggishly as he rubs his eyes. "where matt?"

"he went out for a walk with audrey." chris says with a smirk.

"of course he did." nick chuckles. he  swings his feet to the side of the bed and hops out, before heading to the bathroom.

"what's the plan for today?" nick asks from the bathroom.

"not sure yet. but i do know that you're gonna be asked a lot of questions." chris calls back.

nick flushes a deep red at the memory of last night. he remembers everything. he can't wait to see max again.

"yeah, i am." nick chuckles. chris walks into the bathroom to see nick simply looking down at his feet, as red as a beetroot. he rolls his eyes as he pushes past his brother to get to the sink as well.

nick quickly snaps out of the daze he's in when he feels chris next to him.

"hey chris."

"yeah?"

"didn't you and audrey have a thing like at the beginning of this trip..?" nick asks confused. chris goes quiet for a moment before replying.

"well- it was super complicated." chris says simply.

"but did you like her?" nick asks.

"no. at least i don't think i did. i definitely don't now, don't worry. but like i said. it was complicated." chris says as he puts on some moisturiser.

"well i'm here to talk." nick says supportively.

chris pauses for a moment, thinking about what to say.

"i liked her, but only because she reminded me of nicola. and she only liked me because i was basically matt but a different font." he chuckles. nick chuckles at his comment.

"at the beach we got talking and we both agreed that it just didn't make sense, and admitted that we were both extremely confused with what we were feeling and who we actually had feelings for." chris sighs. nick puts a hand on his shoulder comfortingly.

"so, she told me she was into matt, and since then i've been their number one supporter." chris smiles.

"does matt know this? because i thought you guys had a pact. when someone is interested in the other, u back right off?" nick asks.

"because audrey is a close friend, i talked to matt and explained everything, because it was obvious that he was into audrey, and i didn't want to be the reason they didn't do anything about it." chris shrugs.

"i'm proud of you chris." nick says with a smile. "so you're over her?"

"i was never even into her, i just gaslit myself into thinking i was." chris laughs. nick smiles seeing his brother happy.

"so, are matt and audrey a thing?" nick finally asks.

"not yet. they're both too scared to make a move." chris rolls his eyes, obviously knowing something about the tedious process of their relationship, but it makes nick laugh. "anyways, enough about matt and audrey. when are you seeing max again?" chris smirks.