39

"hey max!"

max turned around to see nick walking towards him. he couldn't help but smile when he see the other. he started to walk as well, to close the distant between them quicker.

when they had reached each other, they stood awkwardly in front of each other. they both wanted to touch and feel the other boy, but their friends were behind them. so they settled for a long hug.

the hug was warm and sweet. they'd both been missing each other so much that they couldn't be happier to be together again.

"i missed you so much." nick whispers into his ear.

"it's only been 2 days." max whispers back with a chuckle.

"still. it sucked not being able to see you."

"i missed you too nick." they pulled apart from the hug and smiled at each other one more time before looking over at their friends, who surprisingly had let them have their moment in peace. they were all sat on the chairs in the lobby of the hotel while chatting quietly amongst themselves.

nick and max walked over to the group, hand in hand.

"hey guys." max says to the gang.

"ayeee, max. my guy." vincent and chris both stand up to dap him up.

"what's the plan for today?" arthur asks.

"i feel like we're always asking that question." audrey chuckles.

"we could go roller skating? there's a rink near here i'm pretty sure." max says pulling out his phone to check.

"ooooo that sounds like fun." kennedy replies.

"there's a session starting in half an hour. we could go there right now." max says looking up from his phone.

the group all agreed that it sounded like a good idea. so they all hopped in the van and started to drive to the rink.

max and nick were sat in the very back of the van, all on their own. they obviously couldn't do anything, but it was as good as they were gonna get for the moment.

as soon as everyone was focused on something, nick took the opportunity to pull max in. he grabbed the sides of his face and kissed him. max was shocked at first by the boys actions but happily kissed him back.

they pulled apart slowly, looking into each others eyes.

"ive had to wait far too long to do that." nick whispers. maxs insides turn to goo when nick says that, his cheeks go a bright pink.

"me too." max smiles at nick before pulling him in again for another kiss. he cups the side of nicks face, gentle to the touch, making nicks stomach erupt with butterflies. they hold the kiss for a second longer before pulling apart again. they smile gently at each other before sitting back up straight and facing the front of the car.

max reaches for nicks hand and grabs it softly, intertwining their fingers together. nick smiles over at the other boy before focusing on something on his phone.

the group arrive at the roller skating rink and get out of the van.

nick walks back over to maxs side and grabs his hand once again. max smiles down at the sight before focusing on walking.

"i was thinking of telling matt today." max says to nick, quietly so the rest don't hear.

"oh really? like about you knowing us as kids?" nick questions.