42

the car ride to the airport was a long one. it was loud, then quiet, then loud, and then quiet again. everyone was a bit sad to be going home. back home to the stress of every day life, work, and other things they could escape while they were away. but one thing that everyone was most sad about was saying goodbye to max.

especially nick.

he sat next to max and held his hand tightly, not daring to let go. he watched their hands majority of the car ride, not being able to look at maxs face. he was scared he'd burst out into tears if he did.

everyone else was chatting amongst themselves, talking about goodness knows what, but the couple sat quietly in the back.

everyone knew not to bother them, to let them have their moments before they left. but chris wanted to cheer his brother up. he wanted them to be happy in their last few moment together for the next little while. but he didn't know how to get them involved in the conversation without just bluntly asking him a question. he racked his brain for ideas but eventually gave up when he couldn't think of anything.

art and vincent sat up the front of the van, art driving, talking about ideas for videos that they should film once they got home.

"we could do an updated Q&A video?" arthur suggested.

"maybe. i was thinking, what about fear pong?" vincent says.

"oh my god, yes. that'd be so fun." art smiles.

"what's this about fear pong?" kennedy chimes in from behind art.

"vincent had the idea of doing fear pong for a video." art replies over his shoulder, keeping his eyes on the road.

"that would be so much fun! i'm totally down for that." ken beams.

matt and audrey sat next to each other, talking quietly to one another. they hadn't said much to the others the whole trip, both just talking to each other. no one really minded, but they did think it was rather odd, considering how loud audrey usually is.

"matt, what about fear pong for a video?" vincent asks turning around in his seat.

matt looks away from audrey at the sound of his name. he looks confused for a second before he fully processes what vincent was asking him.

"oh, yeah. that'd be cool." matt says quickly before giggling quietly at something audrey had said.

"what the fuck is up with them?" art says quiet enough so they can't hear him but vincent and ken can.

"who knows. love does weird shit." kennedy shrugs.

"hold up, are they dating?!" vincent whispers.

"they say they aren't but we all know they're into each other." ken roles her eyes. vincent can't help but laugh.

as the airport comes into view, nick squeezes maxs hand so tight max thinks he's gonna cut off his blood circulation.

nick leans his head on maxs shoulder and sighs, he doesn't think he can leave max.

max runs his fingers up and down nicks arms comfortingly as they pull into the rental car carpark. when everyone starts to unbuckle their seatbelts, nick stays put. max goes to unbuckle his but nick stops him. max looks up at him confused but nick signals for him to wait.

as chris shuts the door to the van, nick instantly pulls max into a kiss. the kiss was desperate, sad, full of want. he didn't dare to stop, knowing they may not get another chance once they leave the van.

max cupped nicks face as he kissed him back. anyone else would say the kiss was aggressive, messy, but it was max and nick telling each other how much they were going to miss each other. it was their way of letting the other know they weren't going anywhere, even if they were on opposite sides of the country.

nick gripped at maxs soft red hair, pulling him closer. nick pushed max down so he was leant against the side of the car, max gladly moving back. they didn't dare part, not for even a second to get air. they couldn't, they wouldn't. they knew that if they did, they wouldn't get another chance.

nick felt his heart crack with every kiss they took, knowing that it was one closer to being the last. he didn't want to leave max. he couldn't do it again. as he thought back over the last 3 weeks, he felt his throat sting as small tears began to fall. his kisses became sloppy as he started to cry. his face became red as his tears turned to sobs.

his lips disconnected from maxs slowly as he cried into maxs chest. max looked down at him confused for a second before he realised what was wrong. he felt small tears slide down his cheeks as he watched his lover cry. he pulled him close. he ran his fingers through nicks hair as tears streamed down nicks face. quiet, wet sobs leaving his mouth.

nick grasps onto maxs shirt so tight, not daring to let go.

"shh, it's ok." max says comfortingly. nick started to calm down slowly as max repeated those words.

nick eventually sat up, wiping his red eyes.

"ahh, fuck. i'm sorry." nick says between sniffles, trying to get the tears to stop.

max ran his fingers gently across nicks cheek, nick smiling as he sniffled away the tears.

"don't worry my love, we're going to be ok." max said softly. he placed both his hands on the side of nicks face. "i promise."

nick chuckled sadly as small tears fell again. max kissed his nose softly before pulling him into one last hug.

"you ready to go?" max asked looking down at nick. nick shook his head but sat up anyway. max pulled him into one last long, slow kiss before pulling away.

"i love you." max said with a small smile. nick felt his heart skip a beat. he looked at max and smiled.

"i love you too."

max and nick finally got out the van, all the others standing outside waiting patiently. nick was expecting to be scolded from his brothers, but instead they smiled at him softly before each of them giving him a hug.

"you ok?" matt asked into nicks shoulder. nick simply nodded slowly before pulling away.

"you ready to go?" chris asked, patting him on the arm comfortingly.

that was the second time he'd been asked that question in 2 minutes. the answer was still no, but he nodded his head anyway.

max grabbed his hand and squeezed it tightly. nick smiled up at max and wrapped his arms around maxs waist as they walked, giving him an awkward looking side hug. but max didn't care, he hugged nick back.

they walked like that the whole way until they were met with the gaping glass doors of the airport.

sorry for not updating... LMAO
i hope y'all enjoyed this chapter, next chapter is going to be a bit sad, sorry about that

i hope that you guys are all doing well, i've fallen BACK into my sam and colby obsession- i've ALWAYS watched their videos but now i'm bingeing them all again. and it's the best.

voting and commenting would be so appreciated and the support on this story is crazy and means so much to me <333

this story is almost over😭😭