Forty

Andy sat in the waiting room of the hospital, tapping her foot. Thankfully Leo had only had the 24 hour flu as was back at daycare with Lyra.

Andy reached over and grabbed the magazine sitting on the table besides her chair and briefly scanned through it. She shifted a few times, glancing up at the clock on the wall. Ron was supposed to be here by now.

Andy drew in a deep breath as she looked back down at the magazine. He probably just got held up at work. There were reasonable explanations for things sometimes.

Andy glanced up again, her eyes moving towards the doors. Maybe he'd gone to a different entrance. As Andy's eyes scanned the room, she froze when she saw Draco standing in the doorway that led back to the rest of the hospital.

There were tears in his eyes as he stared directly at Andy, breathing heavily. Andy reached for her bag and slowly stood up, the hole of dread in her stomach growing worse.

"Draco," Andy breathed out. Draco pulled his lip in between his teeth as he slowly shook his head. "Ron and Harry...They um..." A wave of ice washed over Andy's body. She stood frozen as her heartbeat filled her ears. No, no, no. She was not going to raise this baby herself too. She couldn't do it alone again.

Andy shoved past Draco and ran as fast as she ever had towards the emergency room. He had to be alive. Ron had to be alive. She couldn't...she wouldn't raise another baby without him by her side. Andy rushed over to the first doctor she could find.

"I need Ronald Weasley's room! Where is he?" Andy asked, her hands and voice shaking. The doctor frowned. "Ma'am, I-,"

"He was supposed to meet me here, we have an appointment, I'm pregnant and I-where is he?" Andy had tears flowing down her cheeks and the doctor looked her over.

"Are you Andy?" She asked. Andy's heart gave a squeeze. "Where's Ron?" She whispered. The doctor rested her hand on Andy's shoulder. "Follow me, dear,"

Andy wanted to scream and yell. She just wanted someone to tell her that he was okay, that he was alive. She just needed to know that he was alive.

Andy held her tongue and nodded, but no matter how hard she bit her tongue, she couldn't bite back the tears that the unknown supplied. She felt like she was transported back in time; Back to the final battle when she had know idea of her family was still whole. She needed her family to be whole still.

The doctor lead Andy down the hall and stopped outside of a room. "We got him stable and he may be a bit out of it for a little bit," The doctor whispered. Relief flooded Andy's body. "He's alive?" She asked. The doctor nodded as she motioned towards the door.

Andy pushed the door open. "I want Andy! Get me my fucking girlfriend!" Ron shouted at a nurse. "Sir, we're trying-," He was visibly red and as much as Andy wanted to run and kiss him, to touch him and feel that she was alive, she of course needed to lecture him first.

"Ronald Weasley," Ron's head spun towards her and she watched him visibly soften. He fell back into the bed, letting out a breath of relief. His Andy, she was there now, everything would be okay. His girl was there. It would all be okay.

Ron went to open his mouth. He wanted to apologize. He wanted to confided in her and tell her that he had never been more scared in his life. The last thing on his mind before he blacked out was his little family; his girl and his babies. But of course, before he could enjoy this, he needed to get his ass chewed out first.

"If you ever scare me like that again," Andy started. Her voice didn't have the strong effect she was hoping for, instead she was on the urgent of breaking down again. Her voice was shaking and then she realized she was shaking. She gripped her purse tighter, trying to calm her hands but it was no use. She had been preparing for the worse: that the love of her life and the father of her children, was dead. The nurse stepped aside and Andy felt her heart squeeze.