Thirty-Four

Andy stood across from Ron. She was holding her manuscript against her chest. "You're going to look at me differently," Andy whispered. "Impossible," Ron said. Andy shook her head. He'd be eating those words in a few hours.

The twins were staying with Narcissa and Lucius for the night and it was just Ron and Andy. Andy was glad for that, she'd rather Ron not murder her in front of their children.

Andy walked over to the couch and handed Ron the book, sitting down besides him. Andy reached for her cup as Ron flipped the first page. His attention was focused turned entirely on the book in front of him. He had been waiting for this moment since Andy first came up with the idea for it. Here goes nothing.

"You were going to have an abortion?" Ron whispered, looking up at Andy. Andy's breath caught. That was the start of a lot of hard conversations. Andy squeezed her eyes shut. She sighed.

"I wasn't entirely sure. I didn't even book an appointment. The thought lasted for a day," Andy muttered. She shrugged. "And I did think about it. I was young, I didn't want to include you in the picture then, and I knew my name was going to be dragged through the mud, even more than it already had been," Andy stated.

Ron looked down at the book. "But you didn't," He whispered. Andy shook her head. "I didn't," Ron gave her a small smile. "I'm glad you didn't. I love the twins more than I thought I could ever love anyone," Ron said. Andy smiled. "I know," She whispered, placing her hand on Ron's knee.

"Is that what made you think I'd be upset with you?" Ron asked. Andy shrugged, staring at her lap. "Even if I was, my opinion doesn't matter. It's was your choice, Ands. I probably would have told you to get one," Ron whispered. Andy sighed and she would have listened.

"Oh, so you hate me?" Ron said amused. Andy sighed. "I only ever thought that when I was in labor.  Pushing out two babies is a lot of work," She said. Ron chuckled as Andy stood up.

"Lunch?" She asked. Ron nodded as he turned the page. "Yes please-oh look, more Ron slander," Ron said chuckling. Andy rolled her eyes as she tried to hide her smile. "Pushing two babies out of me," She reminded him.

Ron chuckled as he went back to reading while Andy grabbed the stuff to make grilled cheeses out. His eyes scanned the page more.

"Wait you didn't know it was twins?" He asked shocked. Andy's eyes widened as she started to butter a piece of bread. "Don't remind me. It was terrifying," Andy muttered. Ron frowned.

"I wish I could have been there," He said. Andy set the food down. "Me too, but, you weren't and there's always the future," She told him. Ron nodded as he tilted his head. "I suppose you're right," Ron looked back down at the manuscript.

Andy watched as Ron grew rigid and she immediately knew what part he was at. The part she was most worried for.

"Is that why Theo's so jealous of me?" Ron turned to look up at Andy. Andy shifted and shrugged, biting her lip. Ron squeezed his eyes shut.

"How close were you exactly?" Ron asked. He turned to look at Andy, fully. "How close were you to telling everyone he was the father?" Andy's gaze turned towards the ceiling. "Ron," She whispered.