Fourteen

There is nothing that Andy hates more than an awkward situation. Perhaps the people who get her into those awkward situations but Andy could never hate her mother, instead she's forced to shoot pitying looks at her mom.

Narcissa had invited Ron and Harry to dinner at the manor to thank them for what they've done. Which does not include capturing the culprit who broke into their house, Andy would like to point out. Really she feels, as well as Lucius, that they have nothing to thank the two men for yet.

Another thing Andy hates extremely is dinner at the manor. A dinner which tends to last six courses no matter who is in attendance. These dinners are also always planned by Narcissa and always have staff hired to work such dinners.

Andy hates both with a passion and tonight just so happens to include both because for some unknown reason, Narcissa had decided to seat Ron across from Andy and Harry next to Lucius' seat at the head of the table. How could it get more awkward than that?

Andy wished she was the twins as she stabbed her fork into her prawn cocktail. Leo and Lyra were currently out at the movies with their babysitter, Theo, much to Andy's distaste.

Today could practically be record breaking with how many things she hates happening at once. If one more were to occur, well she might just have to kiss the man she hates most.

"So, have you figured out who broke into our house yet?" Lucius asked, who was stabbing his fork into his appetizer, while staring at his wife. There was no doubt that the two had already conversed about the fact that this dinner wasn't needed yet, but the patriarch of Malfoy manor tended to be extremely petty.

Ron shook his head. "No, but we've found that some watches, a few pieces of Mrs. Malfoy's crystal, and a necklace was stolen," Ron stated. Lucius nodded as he looked back down at his dinner. "Right, nothing that I didn't know before," He muttered.

Draco leaned forward. "I hope you find the bastard soon," Draco shot, earning a glare from his mother for his foul language. Draco just ignored her as he continued sealing. "I'd like to get my payback for him ruining my nose,"

Harry smirked from his spot. "At least he didn't ruin the rest of your face," He whispered. Andy watched amused as Draco's face grew red and Lucius glanced between the two.

"So Andy, how's the book coming?" Draco asked quickly, practically tripping over his words. Andy frowned along with Harry.

"We don't talk about it," Andy muttered. Narcissa leaned forward. "Why not? What's wrong?" Narcissa asked. Andy stayed quiet as she shook her head. "What is it, darling? You can tell me," it wasn't that Andy didn't want to tell her. She just didn't want to tell her in front of the guests who didn't need her trauma dumping. "Andy, I'm sure whatever it is-"  Andy threw her fork down. "I'm a terrible mother, alright?" She snapped.

Ron's eyes widened along with Lucius' and Draco's. Andy sighed as she dropped her head into her hands. She knew exactly what was about to come. "Darling, you're not-"

"Can we talk about this later, when we don't have company?" Andy asked. "Like I wanted to in the first place?" She mumbled. Lucius leaned forward. "Don't talk to your mother like that. She's just worried about you and is trying to reassure you that you're a wonderful mother," Lucius said.

Andy turned to look at him. "Does no one in this family understand boundaries? I'm sure officers Potter and Weasley want to hear about more of our dirty laundry," Andy slammed her hands down on the table and pushed her chair out.

"Excuse me for a moment," she whispered.

Andy was pacing the hallway outside of the dining room when she heard the door open and shut. Andy glanced over her shoulder to see the man she hated most.