Twelve

Andy was packing the twins lunch when Ron walked in. She glanced up at him and quickly back down at the chapter she had written on the counter. The chapter that was going to her boss today...the chapter that may or may not have explicitly mention Ron in the first draft. She wouldn't keep that part but it was too late to edit.

Andy's hand shot out and pulled the copy towards her. Ron stopped in his tracks and raised his brow. "What's that there?" He asked. Andy looked down at it and back up at Ron. "Nothing. Just the newest chapter," She muttered, sliding it off the counter and hugging it to her chest. Ron smirked. "Can I read it?" He asked.

Andy shook her head. "No. I didn't even let my father read it," She mumbled. Ron chuckled. "What you got a juicy secret in there?" He raised his brow. "Perhaps you admitted you're in love with me," Ron joked.

Andy pulled the chapter off the counter and slipped it into her bag. She started to shift through it as she shook her head. "No, I believe it was Potter I confessed my love for," Andy said nonchalantly. Ron chuckled while shaking his head.

A part of Ron wanted to read the book. A rather small part, he wasn't that much into books. It just wasn't his scene but he was interested in the idea of Andy's book, that and he had his suspicions of course.

He walked over to the counter and leaned against it. "Seriously though, can I read it?" He asked, dropping the joking tone. Andy glanced up at him. She didn't like how close he was and she felt her chest tighten. She knew exactly how to fix this.

Andy scoffed. "I didn't know you could read," She shot. Ron sighed. "Ha, ha. Like I haven't heard that one from your brother before," Ron told her.

Alright, banter didn't work. Time for plan B. "Have you even read anything I've written, Ronald? Or do you just want to read it because you're dying to know my juicy secrets,"

Ron rolled his eyes. "Don't flatter yourself, Malfoy," Andy chuckled as she shook her head, turning back towards the twins' lunches. She zipped their lunch bags up and grabbed them off the counter just as the twins ran in with Narcissa following behind. 

"Read some of my other work, and perhaps I'll think about it," Andy said as she handed the twins their lunch and lead them out of the kitchen. Ron looked over his shoulder and watched them as they left. 

It was that easy? All he had to do was read her other work and he could possibly get to know her biggest secret before everyone else did-before the world did? That seemed easy enough. Ron was definitely up for it. 

Harry sighed as he stared at the back of Ron's head. Why they were at the bookstore? He had no clue. Ron hardly read. It just wasn't his calling.

"Are you getting a gift for Mione?" Harry asked. Ron shook his head as he looked over the books. "No, something for me," He muttered. Ron took a few steps forward before stopping abruptly. "Andromeda Malfoy?" Ron whispered. Harry nodded as he reached forward and grabbed the book Ron was referring to. "Yeah, that's Andy," Harry said. "Draco told me this was her best sold yet," Ron took the book from Harry and looked it over. It was a mystery book about some wizard detective. 

"I didn't know she wrote fiction as well," Ron stated. "Isn't she working on a life-piece at the moment?" Ron asked. She had told him this but he figured he'd double check real quick. Harry shrugged. "I don't know, you'd have to talk to her about it. Why exactly are you reading something of Andy's?" Harry asked, his brows furrowing. It was a bit fishy if you asked him. Harry would only do that for someone if he–OH MY MERLIN! 

"Ron, are you trying to impress Andy?" Harry asked. Ron scoffed as he looked down at Harry. "Why would I try to impress Andy? Harry, I have a girlfriend," Ron muttered. Harry shrugged. "I was just wondering. I mean, you don't exactly read, Ron," Harry said.